Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Lot of Birds

+6
Artistwolf
MouseLover
Soren
scaredymouse
Peachy
EverythingAnimal
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Lot of Birds Empty A Lot of Birds

Post by EverythingAnimal Fri 20 May 2016, 10:15 pm

This is pretty off topic even for off topic in my opinion, but I thought I'd add a few pictures I've taken so far this year of the birds around my house, if anyone would be interested. Birding is one of my favorite hobbies, so I thought I may as well share it.

Firstly, here's a pair of Tree Swallows nesting in one of my boxes.

A Lot of Birds SDY6oo0hmn0VEzvfRcE2O8Xcgp5T1DHaCd0wSRk8iFCalU3V7mKgOyMrLaXSaErqLJjIW7sBIE366RCwnLVZxP4RLn-5asGkqGAA991ajsu30oGAFtNu0BEO-a6ffidDLcaG4a98

A Lot of Birds TKGo2L3G0GSmOt0ucg8jynP-Oouiy2_cKQEAP97GkwHw1JHWaxZ4_9NZeZnJOGmcbaE2VbO8QyxI7T1FtvOzsps0gPy2h98e2y0rzXizOi0xhC18d9OWhDBkGdf3FGth5VSHGiVI
And the inside of the box as of 5/17
A Lot of Birds IS-XeNojt4MwCPqEr2G_iP-Gr-skDUvURSDbmtW8brBXj444OO2Xh27b0X4w-_X_Y1WuiY2dwEtFMz2Wxi0AqCzbupyUstUo7VHdu34CEt0Oozbot_mUVx-nPTVzo5lbTuTIZLmH
A House Wren
A Lot of Birds RgD4LmEe0tN_ldmqlSsPfqBkDjZQltP9hiA1gG0PFBRsjSk2gjsK3MhIPGv0u3t4YvtU_90OClp4YvlVCp8vhmeU660hkqxfjIKMiXAIQha82uh-f1OBk8usyrE-4IKCx31MLmm_
Baltimore Oriole
A Lot of Birds L4peexM_VEuBpBP9SRMF89Gbu41BU40T5Ko2Bho0k63HOrHmFEXhFw5XVdwp6NYnzZjxHCSCCvvSVxHnQa1pte88xXNmBcYIutUhTJ1Yn6qtpZGFZXfIhgSbwYeiA8qa2YER1yXJ
Chickadee
A Lot of Birds Q-OQDzBLP4hKkU5W-YMwDQskm7GFBXaqkBccfYdglOYytm1p-9GAVesw9ajrEu8t-s_KpS8Neci6zIa6aoPDoycOyxMmsmkBcKfHi5EiN9FO2L6VhE_pAKqK6aEbIdmxdQlhygvY
Wood Duck
A Lot of Birds SH92j2mC2rSaqzhkRTr_FWzRWD21_LGThPMMouMlfYBg3JSy1cOqfvJPhvWZKuaEFD-npbOKG7Mcsrf6xpu1Z-upFbb0JliJmgi9dt73_AKW1BcQxJ7F0roIsYwYJNNbXCKtnY54
GHO
A Lot of Birds Yy421W0Ny-o0vGNrZITV3P3lJf_-Xv0Gb4epcXSY8y8qtY0w3g5QMDk1PQnKiMpxtWI-T9c_Kfp9eT_lFFfkgYeu9EnqXM8W6rCzi_Vfw6KdeZigUGqJig3IMiP4HpRqUpv0AYvm
And I'll finish off with a hummingbird
A Lot of Birds EbeUz-z2AvHVplEOj9lSSgYhMN9cYdt3pUDhaGXD3Bj0pif96rQBTq_xq8OjhNL6Yp-y2nnoALPUuvm2O1J6XiVV9tbqX5NiXk8mD1dxpQyvwBy2cNyy6QtP5N33vv245_SLKAEu

Now, this list can go on and on and on, but I don't really think a mouse fourm is the best place for them  Laughing I have owls, eagles, ducks, all sorts if anyone wants to see more! Although I may need to find a bird-oriented fourm first, of course.
EverythingAnimal
EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

A Lot of Birds Empty Re: A Lot of Birds

Post by Peachy Fri 20 May 2016, 10:31 pm

Those are fantastic pictures! And I love ducks!!
I was working in the yard a few nights ago and an owl flew right past my head. I hear them all the time but have only actually seen them a couple times. It was so exciting! Bouncy Your owl photo is neat.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 20 May 2016, 10:41 pm

Birds are so fancy! Great pictures Smile You have a lot of neat birds near your house

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Soren Sat 21 May 2016, 1:05 am

What amazing photos! Thanks for sharing Very Happy So beautiful!
I wondering how you get so close to birds without them flying away... Shocked
Soren
Soren
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Sat 21 May 2016, 7:26 am

Soren wrote:What amazing photos! Thanks for sharing Very Happy So beautiful!
I wondering how you get so close to birds without them flying away... Shocked
A few are few windows or by birdfeeders or houses, so all you really have to do is sit still and wait. As for the others, zoom.
Heres one more of a Solitary Sandpiper that hangs out in the creek for a week or two each spring.
A Lot of Birds 8zMD5M1D2V-Ttyv18Gk60itqIQeX446lt0T0hARv5_0NxdbteDC4vLIpntWSQfhwIuMaqMcKanuqnRieTs5HCdnwLs6KesBymK1KDSx6SzhuLc4Wm69SqB75SdEe0VwKiGutq2H8
EverythingAnimal
EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sat 21 May 2016, 7:45 am

What amazing pictures! I love the second picture, the one of the swallow, he looks so chubby and cute. I love swallows.

I don't think this is too off topic by the way... we're all animal lovers here! I love seeing pictures of animals Jump Hearts

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Sat 21 May 2016, 3:31 pm

Lovely... birds are awesome! We built an owl house a while ago but alas, no owls, just a squirrel family living there. A woodpecker made a nice hole nest thing in one of the mostly cut off branches of our tree, but I haven't checked on it for a while. I wonder if he chose to live there.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Windmilla Sat 21 May 2016, 9:45 pm

Those are great pictures! And wow so many different birds! Those species are so different from the ones I usually see in Brazil, so this was really interesting Shocked
I still don't know what kinds of birds there are here in Portugal. I've only seen pigeons around the city (of course haha) and seagulls by the sea. boooring!

I'll miss seeing jabirus and toucans and all the little hummingbirds that we would see so often around our houses <3

Windmilla
Windmilla
Jr Member
Jr Member

Gemini Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Sun 22 May 2016, 9:30 am

Thanks everyone! Artistwolf-lucky you got to see them so close! I found a red-bellied woodpecker nest in the wods behind my house a few months ago, but when I tried to look for it again to see if they had moved in the tree had dissappeared in all the new leaves and I couldn't find it, so who knows. This is the picture I got when I found it-
A Lot of Birds 3YJOzA4IU8EvF5v3kaMUnQIVBLh4B5knRUZ40dXeW7LjWwJyDV4Xjci_yptS4FTd10IfAV7UOEmOOr0vteMJ8mdXnpRRjBYLISRwgiTsdWQsPnL5mINUqmfAbPcA1C_FRyeqcWjz
So many new birds in spring the birdfood- peanuts in perticular- is disappearing so fast.
EverythingAnimal
EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 23 May 2016, 7:56 am

I can't see your pictures but I think because I'm over my data usage so it's horribly slow. I just wanted to comment so I remembered to check back next month and to say I don't think bird pictures are too off topic. Please do continue to share. Two Thumbs

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Mon 23 May 2016, 9:23 pm

A few more...
Eastern Bluebird
A Lot of Birds -Jas1Zxj3-Ic6gyJqgYrc8heOSb-OmzGx-rKpwFspjNnZ2QnfImT0YFWP4N1vD3n4Kh0o29Ssv8p02dtEI7rXftGxKrTp1mOrf7YJKbEPAZ1EX3FVEgYU0qU3lu-j8et37BzVj1u
Blue Jay
A Lot of Birds NCxlZg-wTatnshESRVXoUeTN15ilop9ERw7sfsyGJ89sTGhnzHOfyxKHRxQaVQnmoHw0wPHj61uyrA8qy3g5vsTiJQ7DWM-KreXdo4eUw1qvn-lPk7R7kXdmf9fHKUN4GsOCwn2q
White-breasted Nuthatch
A Lot of Birds 8Dxz1iBOPfKjD-ZtdM_UwJMaJX783N-9o-9ejE8O31Ern8uHhrOqmWUq5vgL8wyWl-xggSqy6TTLlotUPDYtKKiIDmLbAY3VxWCkOrj9-wHuIBtfr70Q94WEK2YrrKS8sLUX_-UW
Common Loon
A Lot of Birds UUyCKNQnIm65pTDpnC-Pt5ljcCB82vELmNJF0gm3jjDOEn3FyHk3561cXYYPT8vYz4s8XXnO2UbqATpCkIYR9WVlnBhc9i9k3_Er5lEjem4s-i7LkZLZJvMpttFnhgiPnKmCBW97
EverythingAnimal
EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Mon 23 May 2016, 9:33 pm

Love the Baltimore Oriole and the Tree Swallow nest box pics! It's so exciting when birds are comfortable enough to set up housekeeping near people. Last May, a hummingbird built her nest atop one of the wind chimes in my carport and raised two babies. She was very protective and territorial, hovering very close to me and my dog any time we were outside; however, the fact that my car was parked within 10' of her nest didn't bother her a bit!

You can see two little long beaks poking up from the top of the nest
A Lot of Birds 022_zps6nwq5ujt

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Tue 24 May 2016, 6:16 am

This is so interesting for me, many of these birds I've never seen or heard of before. They're beautiful Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 24 May 2016, 6:31 am

Stunning pictures! I used to be obsessed with birds, so I can identify quite a few. I wish we had more birds around my house, but all we have are common robins and a pair of purple finches.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Tue 24 May 2016, 7:16 am

Very intresting with the hummingbirds! We've seen young ones around and usually the adults chase them away from our feeder. I've seen the same adults always fly back to one place, so maybe they had nests, but I've only ever seen pics of the little nests themselves!

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next