Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just an introduction to my girls

3 posters

Go down

Just an introduction to my girls Empty Just an introduction to my girls

Post by Mouse friend Sun 23 Jul 2017, 12:38 pm

Hi so I love reading about everyone else mice and feel I've been reading a lot and asking a lot of probably silly questions but I wanted to be more involved as a member so I thought you guys might like to get to know the girls a bit better.

Olivia is the mother hen of the trio she is normally self pointedly in charge of nests, burrows and tunnels. She likes to check on the other two and keep them clean. She's very friendly but probably struggles the most with change. Her favourite activity is definitely burrowing and nesting.shes the fussiest of the trio and likes to move their flynsaucer around ( she's incredibly strong!)

Annabelle is the only one of the trio to talk to me she is very vocal and often talks to me when I'm around. Sometimes I think she's complaining if there's no meal worms other times it seems to be a greeting ( I've never seen any tail rattling) and she's never aggressive. Annabelle has a corner she loves to sit and eat her food in and she likes running especially with a friend she also loves finding the cosiest spots to snuggle in.

Heidi is obsessed with food and has blossomed from a very timid little girl to a friendly outgoing little mouse. I think she gets left out a bit as she doesn't seem as close as the other two and occasionally she seems to get a telling off from Olivia but she was very cheeky as a youngster- stealing others food and demanding to be groomed! Heidi's favourite activity is definitely climbing and she's probably the most addept of it but she also loves being groomed by a sister.

The one thing they do that I only half understand is they seem fascinated by my finger nails! I don't wear nail polish and they nibble gently when I've been handling food which I get but even if I've not been handling food they'll often try to nibble my nails, with Heidi I can even gently nudge her off with another finger but she seems to see it as a game and come back for more! I don't mind as they do no damage I just hope their not doing it because their frightened or angry??

Mouse friend

Festive

Back to top Go down

Just an introduction to my girls Empty Re: Just an introduction to my girls

Post by Mice Are Cute Sun 23 Jul 2017, 12:46 pm

Annabelle sounds like my mouse Grayson: Very extremely talkative! All your girls sound very sweet! And don't worry they are just nibbling your nails out of curiosity Love

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
Mice Are Cute
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouse friend Sun 23 Jul 2017, 12:51 pm

Aww thanks mice are cute:) just imagining Grayson and Annabelle chatting - neither getting a word in edgeways! Thanks for your advice re the nail nibbling.

Mouse friend

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 23 Jul 2017, 2:17 pm

There's no such thing as a bad question. Please ask away!  It's how we learn. Smile

I loved hearing about your mice. They sound adorable. Nibbling fingernails isn't all that uncommon. I think it's the texture they like?  My Daryl used to do it when I first got him. I would just gently fold my fingers away from him and say "no bites."  He caught on quickly. I only worried it would lead to full on nibbles or bites if I let him get away with it.

Last edited by CallaLily on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : darn autocorrect)

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouse friend Sun 23 Jul 2017, 2:29 pm

Thanks CallaLily just so want to be a good guardian! I do try to discourage it just in case they broke a bit off and swallowed it more than anything - I haven't had a manicure in along time and I used to work with horses so I'm used to having broken nails! I just wouldn't want them to hurt themselves or to be doing it out of fear or aggression. Very relieved and so glad you guys enjoyed reading about my girls:)

Mouse friend

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down