Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse emergencies in flooded Texas?

2 posters

Go down

Mouse emergencies in flooded Texas? Empty Mouse emergencies in flooded Texas?

Post by Teramis Tue 29 Aug 2017, 11:10 pm

Hi, all,
This is not a question for myself, but a query to folks in general:

With all the terrible flooding going on in Texas right now, and so many homes evacuated, I can't help but think of breeders and mouse-mommies (or daddies) in the area who are struggling to evacuate and care for their meeple along with themselves.

I am wondering if anyone reading this is impacted by the flooding emergency, and if I (or others?) can help in any way. As I write this I have no idea what that help might look like, since I am not local and can't provide physical assistance (which is probably the most urgently needed thing, right now). But I thought I would put this question out there, so that if there is any way flood-endangered mice and their human families can be helped, we can at least open a dialog about it.

(I posted this note in this section because of the implied urgency of the section header. Also because health and well-being seem endangered by the present acute hazard in the hurricane zone, which is now moving into Louisiana too.  If moderators want to move this elsewhere you think is more appropriate, please feel free to do so.)

-Teramis
(very grateful I don't have to worry about moving my own meeple anywhere, right now)

Teramis
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Mouse emergencies in flooded Texas? Empty Re: Mouse emergencies in flooded Texas?

Post by Teramis Wed 30 Aug 2017, 12:52 am

Just found this on Twitter: Resources for animal rescue, shelter, and supplies etc. in the Harvey hurricane-struck area. This is a Google docs list, being updated as new info comes in.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VKA7-BeOKEMqpevx0x3W3udX9vjaOq3FBAsLatmkXWg/mobilebasic

Teramis
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Mouse emergencies in flooded Texas? Empty Re: Mouse emergencies in flooded Texas?

Post by Carothomp11 Mon 04 Sep 2017, 2:24 pm

Actually I don't live in Texas and I don't want to take any focus away from their situation under this post but Oregon also has some areas being evacuated because of forest fires and I do need help. I just posted about it if you want to keep the two topics separate.

Carothomp11

Back to top Go down

Post by Teramis Tue 05 Sep 2017, 5:36 pm

Carothomp11 wrote:Actually I don't live in Texas and I don't want to take any focus away from their situation under this post but Oregon also has some areas being evacuated because of forest fires and I do need help. I just posted about it if you want to keep the two topics separate.

How distressing for you! Are you still in need of help? I can help put a shout out on social media to my Oregon friends, if you'd like. Let me know whereabouts you are, and what kind of assistance you need. Please reply to me via email at teramis [at] deborahchristian [dot] com - I am not able to check back on this web site as often as I would like and am more likely to see email right now (am having some computer probs right now).

And meanwhile maybe others can also assist. I would think your situation might warrant it's own post here so people don't overlook the call for help in this thread I initiated about TX.

EDIT: just saw you did make a separate post here. You're still welcome to email me if you'd like re social media outreach.

Teramis
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down