Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breathing heavily while sleeping...

3 posters

Go down

Breathing heavily while sleeping... Empty Breathing heavily while sleeping...

Post by Mice Are Cute Fri 01 Sep 2017, 6:14 pm

I have noticed that Grayson has started to breath heavily while sleeping. He never does that while awake. this is starting to worry me a little. Do you know what this might mean?

Remembering: Rainbow Angel ]Blondie, Obi (Hamster), and Grayson  Heart Eyes

Other Pets: Hunter (dog) Kiss
Mice Are Cute
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

https://thehappymilkshakeblog.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Breathing heavily while sleeping... Empty Re: Breathing heavily while sleeping...

Post by CallaLily Fri 01 Sep 2017, 7:14 pm

I don't have much experience with breathing issues in mice...but didn't want to leave you hanging.  Is there any noise when he's like this, like clicking or wheezing?  Any other symptoms?  If you can, a video may help.

@scaredymouse is awesome when it comes to health questions, so hopefully she'll have time to stop in soon. Smile

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Breathing heavily while sleeping... Empty Re: Breathing heavily while sleeping...

Post by Mice Are Cute Fri 01 Sep 2017, 7:15 pm

He does do some clicking sounds but he does it less now that I have changed his bedding.

Mice Are Cute
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 01 Sep 2017, 7:18 pm

Clicking could be a sign of a respiratory infection. A trip to the vet is probably a good idea if he's still making clicking sounds and having periods of labored breathing.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Mice Are Cute Fri 01 Sep 2017, 7:22 pm

Okay, thanks for the advice! I might just do so... He is still very active, however and loves to play as much as ever.

Mice Are Cute
Mice Are Cute
Sr Member
Sr Member

Pisces Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Fri 01 Sep 2017, 7:28 pm

It's so difficult with mice because, being prey animals, they will do all they can to hide illness for as long as they can. Usually by the time we start actually seeing symptoms they've already been sick for a while.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 02 Sep 2017, 3:15 am

I agree, clicking and heavy breathing are indicative of respiratory infection.  it sounds like its still in the early stages, which is good!  The bedding may have been exacerbating it, which is why he got a little better, but if he still has symptoms... I'd take him in.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down