Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colin's Emergency

+3
scaredymouse
CallaLily
stephlisa
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Colin's Emergency - Page 2 Empty Re: Colin's Emergency

Post by scaredymouse Sun 10 Sep 2017, 4:58 pm

Poor sweet angel!!!!  I feel so bad for him.  I don't have any advice on this subject but i certainly feel bad for the little guy Sad

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 10 Sep 2017, 6:50 pm

Oh no, poor Colin. And poor you! My best to you both, he's so lucky to have you. Good vibes
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 11 Sep 2017, 7:05 am

Poor Colin. I hope he's doing better today.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Mon 11 Sep 2017, 7:31 am

Ahh the poor boy. He's currently looking surprisingly peaceful and having a nice sleep. The vet looked him over and found no obvious cause for the prolapse but we've got to keep an eye on it, especially over the next couple of days when its most likely to happen again. My husband was wondering if mice can get "bed sores" because he's obviously not been as active what with the breathing issues.

He's still feeling a bit rough and poorly, but he seems to be pulling through currently. What's terrifying for me is that my husband and I are going away on Thursday so he'll be in the hands of our petsitters. I trust them with Colin completely, they are some our dearest friends and I've told everything they need to do and know, especially when to take him to the vet so hopefully he'll be in good hands.

My poor baby <3 I hope he pulls through

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Tue 12 Sep 2017, 4:37 am

My poor baby. So weak. So fragile. But still, with that spark of life propels him on somehow. Currently, I'm sensing the end might be near but I hope that I am wrong. I've had to change his usual bowl for something with a lower side so that it's less of a struggle to reach. I had to help him but it was so sweet, he had his paws on the side trying to reach but without the strength to pull himself up to drink, so I lifted him up and he sat half in my hand, half supporting himself, but able to drink. He wants nothing but cuddles this morning. I still hope he will get better and be my hyper little boy again yet I've accepted that this might be something he might not recover from. I know that when the time is right, I'll know, it'll be devastating, but it'll be right. We're doing all we can for him. I now understand the pain that some of you guys and I'm sure many pet owners feel at this point in their loved one's lives.
The thing that touches me most about this period of his life is his completely unconditional love. He knows I am trying to help him, even when we have the dreaded medicine. He knows he is loved by me and my husband, his mummy and daddy.
I'm sorry I'm rambling a bit here, I'm all a bit emotional. So many emotions...I only hope when his time is come to find the Rainbow Bridge that it will be peaceful and quiet and I hope it will be at home but I know this may not be possible. Poor fragile Colin, evenmore spoilt now than ever before!!!

Aquarius Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 12 Sep 2017, 8:35 am

Sending more hugs to you and Colin. You are in my thoughts. Good vibes

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Tue 12 Sep 2017, 9:32 am

I'm sitting here at the car dealership waiting for my car with tears in my eyes and a broken heart for you and Colin.  He sounds so much like my Goose at the end...despite how sad that time was, those were some of our most treasured moments with him.  And you are right, in the end, all there is...is love.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Wed 13 Sep 2017, 8:11 pm

Aww, you are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Sat 16 Sep 2017, 4:29 pm

Today my darling boy passed away peacefully in the hands of his favourite petsitter.

I am not able to write a memorial right now, it is too painful, too sad to contemplate. It will come later. For now the grief demands it be felt.

Colin, you'll always be in my heart.

Aquarius Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 16 Sep 2017, 4:49 pm

stephlisa wrote:Today my darling boy passed away peacefully in the hands of his favourite petsitter.

I am not able to write a memorial right now, it is too painful, too sad to contemplate.  It will come later.  For now the grief demands it be felt.

Colin, you'll always be in my heart.
I'm so, so sorry Worry It's truly hard to love an animal so much that has such a short lifespan. I hope you're ok. He is over the rainbow bridge now, enjoying his time. There is no more pain or death where he is now. Angel

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 16 Sep 2017, 5:22 pm

I'm so very sad to hear that Colin has passed. But he is at peace now. Sending lots of hugs your way. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 16 Sep 2017, 5:46 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. hugs

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 16 Sep 2017, 6:19 pm

Colin will be sorely missed around here. I loved watching him mouse around. No one in this world could have loved him more than you or given him a better life. I am heart broken for you...

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Sat 16 Sep 2017, 10:53 pm

I'm not sure heartbroken begins to cover what I feel. I'm sure you understand. I'm feeling this more painfully than when my nan passed away earlier this year. Which is coupled with a layer of guilt for that feeling.

He wasn't just a mouse to me. He was a friend. He helped me through some black days, he made me laugh when I wanted to cry, he snuggled with me when I needed it. He was everything I wanted from a companion.

I'll admit I'm struggling a bit right now, but I'm away with the band and my husband. The band are looking after us because they are nice like that.

Aquarius Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 16 Sep 2017, 11:25 pm

stephlisa wrote:I'm not sure heartbroken begins to cover what I feel.  I'm sure you understand.  I'm feeling this more painfully than when my nan passed away earlier this year.  Which is coupled with a layer of guilt for that feeling.

He wasn't just a mouse to me.  He was a friend.  He helped me through some black days, he made me laugh when I wanted to cry, he snuggled with me when I needed it.  He was everything I wanted from a companion.

I'll admit I'm struggling a bit right now, but I'm away with the band and my husband.  The band are looking after us because they are nice like that.
I'm sorry, I know it's hard. I felt that way about my hammy, who only lived 8 months with me. He was more than just a pet.

It will get better with time, but I know it's hard right now. I hope you feel better soon. Just know that he's in a peaceful, happy place, and that you'll see him again one day. It's been a week since my hammy passed, and I still miss him, but I feel a lot better, and I sure do hope you do soon too. Just know that he had a very happy life with you, and you loved and cared for him better than anyone else could. My condolences to you. Hugs to you Group Hug

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum