Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet my new hammy!

+2
scaredymouse
AnonymousMouseOwner
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Meet my new hammy! Empty Meet my new hammy!

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 15 Sep 2017, 11:01 pm

Meet my new hammy! He doesn't have a name yet.... So far he's very alert and cautious of his new home. He's super adorable and not much bigger than a mouse right now... He's got a lot of growing to do! He's from an accidental litter, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that his old owners were taking very good care of him! So he is healthy and curious, exploring his new habitat. Love

Meet my new hammy! Img_7910
Meet my new hammy! Img_8013
Meet my new hammy! Img_8011
Meet my new hammy! Img_8015
Meet my new hammy! Img_8014
Meet my new hammy! Img_8010
Meet my new hammy! Img_8012

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Meet my new hammy! Empty Re: Meet my new hammy!

Post by scaredymouse Fri 15 Sep 2017, 11:08 pm

Eeeeeeeee, what a cutie butt!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 16 Sep 2017, 7:23 am

He's adorable. Congrats on the new ham. Mouse8

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Moose Sat 16 Sep 2017, 9:31 am

Ahhh! Oh my goodness he is so cute! I'm glad you found a little friend to bring you joy. Love Eek! So teeny!

Winter Moose
Winter Moose

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 16 Sep 2017, 11:06 am

I forgot to mention...my first couple hams were each 200g, so i just sort of though that's how big hamsters were.  But then i got Dustin and Chip, who were both so tiny when i got them. Dustin grew a tiny bit and is 120g but little Chip refuses to grow... He has stayed at 104g.  He's a tiny little fun-sized ham.  So if your guy is weaned and still really tiny, he might stay small.  It's weird to me that Chippie isn't much bigger than a couple of my mice!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 16 Sep 2017, 12:40 pm

Awwwwww he is absolutely adorable!!! Congratulations!!!!!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 16 Sep 2017, 3:57 pm

scaredymouse wrote:I forgot to mention...my first couple hams were each 200g, so i just sort of though that's how big hamsters were.  But then i got Dustin and Chip, who were both so tiny when i got them. Dustin grew a tiny bit and is 120g but little Chip refuses to grow... He has stayed at 104g.  He's a tiny little fun-sized ham.  So if your guy is weaned and still really tiny, he might stay small.  It's weird to me that Chippie isn't much bigger than a couple of my mice!
From what I understand, he was ready and weaned on the 1st, so more than 2 weeks ago. So he's about 6 weeks old. I'll have to weigh him when he's all settled in. I just need to find batteries for my gram scale Pardon . He's super tiny though.

I might be mistaken, but I've heard syrians can grow until they are 6 months old. How old is Chip? Chip was one of the Florida hams too, right? Did he have to leave his mother early? That might be another reason he's not as big. Just a thought. '
'
I hope my guy grows bigger! Not that he isn't super cute so tiny, but everything I own for hamsters is the size that Blue was, and Blue was normal sized!

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sat 16 Sep 2017, 6:23 pm

Yeah, Chip was separated early. Many of the Florida hams are small. But my other ham who wasn't from that bunch is about 6 months old and only 120g... very tiny for a regular Syrian that was weaned at 4 weeks. They are so tiny! They can still use all the bigger Syrian stuff but they look silly on the big wheel, lol.

Maybe he'll grow. But I just wanted to mention that it's possible that he wont and that's nothing to worry about.

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 17 Sep 2017, 12:02 am

Some more pics of the little guy.... He's kinda shy and doesn't want to be out of his hiding spot when I'm in the room, so I didn't get very many pictures of him before he went and hid lol.
Meet my new hammy! Img_8016
Meet my new hammy! Img_8018
Meet my new hammy! Img_8019
Meet my new hammy! Img_8017

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 17 Sep 2017, 1:47 am

what a sweet little face

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 18 Sep 2017, 4:20 am

Hehe, you know when I get a new pet I can never post enough pictures... Prepare for more! His name is officially "Dakota", by the way! I chose that name because it means "friendly companion".  Smile

He's also pretty sure that it's possible to take the water bottle with him...
Meet my new hammy! Img_8112
Meet my new hammy! Img_8114
Meet my new hammy! Img_8116
Meet my new hammy! Img_8113
Meet my new hammy! Img_8111
Meet my new hammy! Img_8028

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 18 Sep 2017, 9:03 am

That name suits him Very Happy  He is so cute and you've gotten some great pics of him! Love seeing him! He loves his water bottle Razz
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 18 Sep 2017, 9:25 am

He's very hamsome.  He looks like a nice ham, you're going to have so much fun getting to know each other!

scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 25 Sep 2017, 2:40 am

Just made a video about him Smile

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 25 Sep 2017, 6:23 am

He's so cute!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum