Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet my new hammy!

+2
scaredymouse
AnonymousMouseOwner
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Meet my new hammy! - Page 2 Empty Re: Meet my new hammy!

Post by Artistwolf Mon 25 Sep 2017, 6:24 am

Oh my goodness, he's adorable! He looks so tiny and like a little baby ham. I love him!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Fri 13 Oct 2017, 2:17 am

Just to update - he's gotten big! He is at least twice the size he was when he came home, if not more! I've been feeding him lots of treats - maybe I'm the reason he's so much bigger Laughing He apparently doesn't care for mealworms, and loves dried strawberries and other sweet treats.

He's a little escape artist, always climbing his water bottle trying to chew his way out of the mesh lid. Luckily, he's never actually escaped, but I have to keep something heavy on the lid all the time so it's hard for him to get out. He has a large 40 gallon tank, lots of toys, and a massive wheel, yet he still wants to get out! Razz

Little cutie ♥️
Meet my new hammy! - Page 2 Img_8110

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Fri 13 Oct 2017, 9:13 am

He is so cute! Thanks for the update, glad to hear he is doing so well Very Happy
40 gallon tank, that is a very nice living space for him!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Fri 13 Oct 2017, 10:10 am

I love him

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 14 Oct 2017, 12:59 am

Sadly, my baby passed away just today, hours after I posted the update. I'm heartbroken and I don't even want another hamster if this is going to keep happening. He was a perfectly healthy, young hammy. He passed in his sleep just like Blue. RIP baby Dakota Rainbow Angel

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sat 14 Oct 2017, 8:26 am

Oh no, he was so young. Sad I'm so so sorry for your loss. It's tough losing any pet but when they're young and seemingly healthy it's such a shock. Sad hugs

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 14 Oct 2017, 11:08 am

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry for your loss. So sad for a hamster so young to pass. I wonder what happened? (((Hugs)))
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 14 Oct 2017, 4:20 pm

Thank you CallaLily and Rodents rock.

@Rodents rock! I have absolutely no idea what happened. He was totally fine and acting like himself the night before. I just went to check on him a few times, and he wasn't coming out like normal. I decided to make sure he was okay, because I was paranoid since I lost my last hamster so suddenly, and I found him lifeless. Hamsters in general are supposed to be healthier and longer lived than mice, and some of my mice have outlived my hamsters, so I really don't understand it. Sad

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 14 Oct 2017, 4:53 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:Thank you CallaLily and Rodents rock.

@Rodents rock! I have absolutely no idea what happened. He was totally fine and acting like himself the night before. I just went to check on him a few times, and he wasn't coming out like normal. I decided to make sure he was okay, because I was paranoid since I lost my last hamster so suddenly, and I found him lifeless. Hamsters in general are supposed to be healthier and longer lived than mice, and some of my mice have outlived my hamsters, so I really don't understand it. Sad

I'm so so sorry, very sad. Just remember, you gave him a good life while he was here. Hopefully that will bring you some comfort.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2