Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Mice please help!

Go down

Baby Mice please help! Empty Baby Mice please help!

Post by thatgirll Wed 11 Oct 2017, 4:13 pm

Hello hoping someone can help me with my tiny mouse problem, a couple days ago we found three baby mice in my trainer's horse trailer while we were at a horse show. They had been stepped on and everyone told me just to leave them on the ground. I am a Huge believer that it is wrong to leave an animal who is dying without trying to help. So i took them in and they have been doing great so far, this morning one was dying (i believe his heart had stopped) so i did some compressions and now hes running around like nothing happened.

I believe they are a little under 2 weeks as only two of them has slightly opened their eyes. They are eating puppy formula milk and i have mixed in a little baby food just to try and start getting them use to solids even though they have a week or so before they begin eating solids.

My questions are, will they be okay to be released into the wild when they are ready to go, or would they be better of staying with me since they have been raised by a human? One of the baby mice seems like his private parts are a little swollen but hes been going to the bathroom after being fed, is their anything i can do to make the swollen part go down? They all seem to be underweight even though their tummies are pretty big and they eat every 2-3 hours (basically when they start moving around I feed them) so am i under feeding them or is that normal for baby mice?

Thanks in advance Smile Smile

thatgirll

Back to top Go down

Baby Mice please help! Empty Re: Baby Mice please help!

Post by Peachy Wed 11 Oct 2017, 5:45 pm

Welcome! Its so kind of you to help them. ❤️

Check out this link, it has feeding instructions to help you gauge how much to feed. We suggest kitten milk rather than puppy milk. The link also has some advice on releasing. Because they're orphaned, we suggest keeping them until they're 5-6 weeks so they can get a bit more time to grow up, but they'll still be happiest if they're released.
https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t4-wild-mouse-mice-care-and-information
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by thatgirll Wed 11 Oct 2017, 7:14 pm

Thank you, i read that puppy milk was just as good as kitten, but ill get some for them. only want whats best for them! I was going to wait till their five to six weeks anyways, im just worried the cold may get them since they would get released in November Sad

thatgirll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down