Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally found a good mixing food!?

3 posters

Go down

Finally found a good mixing food!? Empty Finally found a good mixing food!?

Post by Nijimi にじみ Sat 28 Oct 2017, 7:40 am

Hi everyone! I've found the higgins hamster/gerbil food and was wondering if dried peas were bad for mice? I never give my mice corn, sunflower seeds, or peas. I thought peas had the same effect as corn or sunflower seeds, which can give tumors. Angel

And although this food has corn, peas, and probably sunflower seeds they're big enough so I can pick them out! There is no ground corn either.

Food Link
Nijimi にじみ
Nijimi にじみ

Back to top Go down

Finally found a good mixing food!? Empty Re: Finally found a good mixing food!?

Post by scaredymouse Sat 28 Oct 2017, 11:45 am

I've never been concerned about peas, nor have I ever heard anything about them posing a threat.

That food is high in crude protein, you plan on mixing in other food to decrease the protein, correct?

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijimi にじみ Sat 28 Oct 2017, 7:40 pm

scaredymouse wrote:I've never been concerned about peas, nor have I ever heard anything about them posing a threat.

That food is high in crude protein, you plan on mixing in other food to decrease the protein, correct?

I have a mix of a parakeet food and mouse food, one having 11.5% and the other with 12%. I do give them lab blocks but they never really touch them which is good because that's what I intended. I can't get vitakraft hamster food around here so I was thinking of this food. Oh and I forgot to add that I always leave a millet spray in their cage (around 7% protein I believe?) And put another when they finish or when I change their bedding.
Nijimi にじみ
Nijimi にじみ

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 29 Oct 2017, 7:53 am

But with you picking things out, those percentages are not what the label says. So you won't be able to accurately calculate what the percentages in your final mix will be. My advice is not to pick anything out or look for a food that has less or none of these things you're worried about.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down