Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Products I Would Recommend/How I Feel (Plus Important Deal INFO w/ PETCO)

5 posters

Go down

The Products I Would Recommend/How I Feel (Plus Important Deal INFO w/ PETCO) Empty The Products I Would Recommend/How I Feel (Plus Important Deal INFO w/ PETCO)

Post by Nijimi にじみ Sun 29 Oct 2017, 2:06 am

Cat3 These are things that I have bought for my mice

The Products I Would Recommend/How I Feel (Plus Important Deal INFO w/ PETCO) Image110
So here I have a ceramic apple which I wouldn't totally recommend because the opening is very wide and it would not make my meeces feel secure Cat11 Next to it, I have a hidey house made for hermit crabs, it was from Petsmart and it was around a dollar I believe. It's their favorite hidey house since it's opaque and there are no holes so warmth can stay on the inside. The third house was totally not worth 4$ but it's the grassy teepee from Petco. My mice did show an interest in it at first but will sleep in it if it's the only thing available. Finally, the little blue castle :ferret2: This was their first hidey that I bought (for 3-4$). It's not a favorite but it's not last either haha.

The Products I Would Recommend/How I Feel (Plus Important Deal INFO w/ PETCO) Image210
Just kidding Cat19 the castle was not the last hidey! :ferret3: First picture is a DIY hidey house which they adore. It's safe to chew on and like the hermit crab hidey, helps circulate warmth. Going on to treats & food, one of them is a type of baby puffs that was 3$, blueberry flavored, and has less than 1g of sugar. Both of the mice love it. Bottom pic is seagrass twists, apple pellets(they don't like it but I put it in their food bowl), rice puffs, rolled oats(big part of diet), dried berries, and Supreme Tiny Friends Hamster Treats. The Supreme Treats don't use too many ingredients besides the actual fruit and flour which I think is great.

The Products I Would Recommend/How I Feel (Plus Important Deal INFO w/ PETCO) Image410
Here are the toys! Mouse9 Fig likes climbing but Kimchi can be a bit of a scaredy cat. I bought them the 7 step ladder from petco(2$) and it uses pet safe dyes so it's a safe chew too. They climb all over it everyday. Walk There's a toilet paper tube (nothing special lol). A carrot made from corn husk I believe(1$, Brand: Living World). I have Popsicle mineral chews that are chewed on from time to time along with the colorful petco wood blocks. I don't like the kabob and it makes no difference as to what is actually on it. Behind the lader is a sisal ball which was as popular as the kabob. As you can see, they look brand new. Cat8

The Products I Would Recommend/How I Feel (Plus Important Deal INFO w/ PETCO) Image510
That up there is Kimchi Mouse26 And in the photo next to her is basically all their food & treats. The treats I haven't mentioned so far are the Oxbow Timothy Strawberry and Banana, Brown's Sweet Potato, Kaytee Papaya(1$ atm with price match), Kaytee Apple Biscuits, and the Ecotrition Cheesie Chews (not really a treat). I DO have yogies but they are given once a month! I always leave a millet spray in my meeces cage. And although I have two different brands they prefer the Healthy Select kind. It smells better too? In the picture you can also see some carefresh. I do NOT solely rely on carefresh. I have a lower layer of aspen and then a layer of carefresh bedding. Then I cut some botanical hay (smells really nice! and is healthy) into their cage, but just enough for them to make a nest.

The Products I Would Recommend/How I Feel (Plus Important Deal INFO w/ PETCO) Image310
You stuck around for this long? Well here's a really funny picture of Kimchi and Fig trying to run on the saucer at the same time lol. And if you're here for the deal seeking then here I am!

Petco always has their items cheaper online and that must bug you when you go in store and have to pay full price right? Well you actually didn't have to do that for these couple past months. Screen shot a picture of the item you want to buy online along with it's price, show it to the cashier and ask for a price match! You can do this for basically any item! Good luck and good night! Cat7
Nijimi にじみ
Nijimi にじみ

Back to top Go down

The Products I Would Recommend/How I Feel (Plus Important Deal INFO w/ PETCO) Empty Re: The Products I Would Recommend/How I Feel (Plus Important Deal INFO w/ PETCO)

Post by CallaLily Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:34 am

That apple hide is cute! I have a few ceramic hides with wide openings too. They don't nest in them but they often duck in them when I hand out treats. Plus it makes a nice cool spot if it gets a little warm in here.

My girls didn't seem to like the sisal ball at first either but eventually they shredded it. I have the same kabob for my son's hamster and she totally ignores it too. Laughing

Your mice are cute!

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

The Products I Would Recommend/How I Feel (Plus Important Deal INFO w/ PETCO) Empty Re: The Products I Would Recommend/How I Feel (Plus Important Deal INFO w/ PETCO)

Post by Nijimi にじみ Sun 29 Oct 2017, 8:40 am

CallaLily wrote:That apple hide is cute!  I have a few ceramic hides with wide openings too. They don't nest in them but they often duck in them when I hand out treats. Plus it makes a nice cool spot if it gets a little warm in here.

My girls didn't seem to like the sisal ball at first either but eventually they shredded it.  I have the same kabob for my son's hamster and she totally ignores it too. Laughing

Your mice are cute!

Thank you! :ferret1: What do your mice like to sleep in btw? I've been trying several hideys because they're really unexpensive Cat6

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Sat 04 Nov 2017, 10:32 pm

Hi!
I have the exact hermit crab hide-out for my mice. Actually, I have two of them, but only use one (at one point one was for a mouse, and the other was for a hermit crab). My three girls all get in it, too. And I have a red barn/stair stepper, if you would call it that. They like that, too. I've had both the hermit crab igloo (which I got for I think almost $5 from PetSmart) and the red barn stairs in the tank at the same time before, and I don't remember which one they used more. I think it was a case of where I had placed them in the tank, not the product itself, though. (I feel like they hid and ate in the igloo, and slept in the other one more).
My male mouse really wasn't a chewer, but my girls are.

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 04 Nov 2017, 11:44 pm

My mouse sleeps in a small purple igloo. But once he all of a sudden changed to a ceramic hide for a while, then switched back to the purple igloo. Both are always in his tank, so I thought I was funny he had switched all of a sudden and then went back. My hamster has lots of hides and uses them all. He has a wooden house, a ceramic coffee mug, a ceramic flamingo, a ceramic pineapple, a ceramic cat, and his newest is a ceramic frog. He will be sleeping in one, then the next time I look in on him he will be sleeping in a different one. So funny.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Sun 05 Nov 2017, 12:52 am

That is funny. Very Happy
And your hamster sounds pretty spoiled, lol. =))

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 05 Nov 2017, 10:32 am

Blessed wrote:That is funny. Very Happy
And your hamster sounds pretty spoiled, lol. =))

Yes, he is a spoiled boy Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 05 Nov 2017, 10:48 am

Nijimi にじみ wrote:
Thank you! :ferret1: What do your mice like to sleep in btw? I've been trying several hideys because they're really unexpensive Cat6

I missed this post somehow. My mice mainly choose to nest in cardboard boxes. I usually have several in their cage, patially buried.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by GGMouseCare Sun 05 Nov 2017, 10:50 am

My mice typically sleep in a bend-a bridge. It looks like a bunch of wooden logs, and it's flexible so you can bend it. I made it into an arch type thing, and they sleep under it. I typically bury it a bit so they can have fun burrowing.
GGMouseCare
GGMouseCare

Virgo Sleepy

https://GGMouseCare.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down