Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥

5 posters

Go down

Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥ Empty Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Tue 05 Dec 2017, 11:10 pm

Yesterday evening, Flint passed away in his sleep peacefully curled up in his nest.

I didn't know him long, but it sure seems like I did. He taught me that dwarf hamsters aren't all aggressive, if you give them time and love, and be patient and gentle, they will be very sweet and gentle creatures. I used to have a small fear of dwarf hamsters until I met Flint, he changed the way I think of them.

He nipped a little at first, but he was always gentle doing it. He never did it hard, he was just testing out of curiosity. He learned though, and became as gentle as could be. He'd hop right on my hand and wait for me to take him somewhere fun. Love

He loved treats. At the moment he saw a treat in my hand, he'd rush over and grab it.

He was goofy too, he was always falling off of his hidey house, running around like a crazy little thing, and scratching at the glass for my attention.

He had a rough start, he was purchased from Petco and returned, then deemed "aggressive" and moved to the back room. That is until I saw him, and couldn't say no. I had to bring him home, and I am so glad I did. His life might've been short, but at least he got to feel loved and be happy. He was the sweetest little dwarf I could've asked for, and I am so grateful I was able to make him happy while he was here.

Goodbye, sweet Flint. Have fun over the rainbow bridge Rainbow Angel
November 5, 2017 - December 4, 2017
Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥ Img_9323
Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥ Img_9117
Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥ Img_9116
Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥ Img_9224
Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥ Img_9022
Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥ Img_8933
Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥ Img_8932
Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥ Img_8818
Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥ Img_8935
Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥ Img_8934
Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥ Img_8819

Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥ Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥ Empty Re: Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥

Post by Darkly_Innocent Wed 06 Dec 2017, 7:19 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. Rainbow Angel

Jr Member
Jr Member

Gemini Sick

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 06 Dec 2017, 7:26 am

I'm so sorry. Sad He was super cute. With him being a return and then adopted, could he have been older than you thought? It sounds like he passed peacefully. hugs

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 06 Dec 2017, 3:26 pm

I'm so sorry kiddo. You gave him an amazing life. He was a happy little guy and was lucky to have found you.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 06 Dec 2017, 4:07 pm

CallaLily wrote:I'm so sorry. Sad  He was super cute. With him being a return and then adopted, could he have been older than you thought?  It sounds like he passed peacefully. hugs
It's possible, but he really didn't behave or look like an elderly hamster. He was extremely energetic and never stopped moving, he was bright eyed and young looking too. Thank you Callalily.

Rest in peace, Flint the hamster ♥ Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Wed 06 Dec 2017, 7:50 pm

Awww, I'm so very sorry to hear of Flint's passing. He was so lucky to have you! He passed knowing he was finally loved. The last 30 days of his life were the best 30 days of his life thanks to you. Love (((Hugs)))
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Mon 11 Dec 2017, 4:45 am

Thank you everyone for your kind messages ♥️

I finally finished his memorial video. It took me a while to be in the mood to make it, and even making it now was hard Sad

AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 11 Dec 2017, 6:43 pm

What a great memorial video of Flint. He sure was a very lucky little man to be with you. You gave him a lifetime of love in his final month of life. Love
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down