Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse has crust around her eyes, standing still, breathing heavy

2 posters

Go down

Mouse has crust around her eyes, standing still, breathing heavy Empty Mouse has crust around her eyes, standing still, breathing heavy

Post by MooMouse Fri 08 Dec 2017, 9:28 pm

Hey everyone, I know it's been a very long time since I posted last but one of my girls is having an issue. I noticed it today at around 10:00 pm. She was fine 24 hours ago when I played with them. I noticed she was standing in the corner of their little porcelain container, just looking down into the corner. Her eyes seem forced shut by the brownish goop around them. She's still grooming herself, but her eyes are very small and dull and the fur around them is kinda matted and beat up. Her other 2 sisters are perfectly fine. Should I separate her from her sisters for the time being? Does anyone have any idea what is going on? If anyone has any suggestions on what to do they would be very appreciated.

UPDATE: I just gave her a treat and she's still eating.

MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Mouse has crust around her eyes, standing still, breathing heavy Empty Re: Mouse has crust around her eyes, standing still, breathing heavy

Post by Peachy Fri 08 Dec 2017, 9:55 pm

I wouldn't separate her. If it's contagious, they're already exposed. If it's not, you're stressing her out for no reason, which won't hep her feel better. Is she hydrated? Warm enough?
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Mouse has crust around her eyes, standing still, breathing heavy Empty Re: Mouse has crust around her eyes, standing still, breathing heavy

Post by MooMouse Fri 08 Dec 2017, 10:04 pm

Peachy wrote:I wouldn't separate her. If it's contagious, they're already exposed. If it's not, you're stressing her out for no reason, which won't hep her feel better. Is she hydrated? Warm enough?

She is warm to the touch, and she has perked up a little bit after I took her out of the cage. Her eyes are more open but she is still just laying around. I haven't changed anything in the cage since last week so I'm wondering what caused it. I moved the water bottle in plain sight in the cage so she won't have to move far to reach it. But I noticed she's grooming herself an awful lot. Do you know if this is a sign of anything?

Update: She is completely fine now. She's running around and looks back to normal. I have no idea what happened but I'm glad she's ok. Thanks for the help!

MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum