Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i don't understand some things about quarantine?

2 posters

Go down

i don't understand some things about quarantine? Empty i don't understand some things about quarantine?

Post by poppyfri Thu 11 Jan 2018, 2:45 pm

(sorry for posting so many questions, i'm just really bored bc i get done with my schoolwork really fast lololol)

okay, so, i have a couple questions:

1) do i still have to quarantine if i don't have any other mice?
2) would i have to quarantine for other animals? (i have a dog and a hamster)
3) i did have to quarantine, how long would i have to do an off-site quarantine?

thanks in advance!

poppyfri
poppyfri

Pisces Sleepy

Back to top Go down

i don't understand some things about quarantine? Empty Re: i don't understand some things about quarantine?

Post by River Thu 11 Jan 2018, 2:48 pm

If you dont have any other mice, they dont need to be quarantined. There's nothing to be quarantined from -- no one to pass the illness onto. The dog and hamster aren't a problem, as the mice won't be housed with them, and illnesses spread from mice dont tend to target those species.

Off site quarantine isn't necessary if you do quarantine in your own home.
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

i don't understand some things about quarantine? Empty Re: i don't understand some things about quarantine?

Post by poppyfri Thu 11 Jan 2018, 3:00 pm

River wrote:If you dont have any other mice, they dont need to be quarantined. There's nothing to be quarantined from -- no one to pass the illness onto. The dog and hamster aren't a problem, as the mice won't be housed with them, and illnesses spread from mice dont tend to target those species.

Off site quarantine isn't necessary if you do quarantine in your own home.

thanks!! i couldn't find anything that said so under the topic;;
poppyfri
poppyfri

Pisces Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down