Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do chattery mice teach/encourage other mice to chatter?

3 posters

Go down

Do chattery mice teach/encourage other mice to chatter?  Empty Do chattery mice teach/encourage other mice to chatter?

Post by River Sat 13 Jan 2018, 11:09 pm

Just curious! Maier was chattery, and when I got Graham, she eventually learned how to as well -- in fact, she does it more. Neither of them were ever sick. I heard chattery mice were rare, though, so I've been wondering...is it a learned behavior? Or is it more common than I thought?

I wonder if Garcia will ever start chattering, if so. It'll be interesting to find out.
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Do chattery mice teach/encourage other mice to chatter?  Empty Re: Do chattery mice teach/encourage other mice to chatter?

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 14 Jan 2018, 5:28 am

Ive only ever had one at a time, so in ny experience, no. But I wouldnt doubt it!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Do chattery mice teach/encourage other mice to chatter?  Empty Re: Do chattery mice teach/encourage other mice to chatter?

Post by Colors Mon 15 Jan 2018, 6:49 pm

Do they make chattering noises? Razz Mine did that a few days ago. They also vibrate a lot when they crawl on me, I think it's a type of purring... not sure though Very Happy
Colors
Colors

Cancer Starving

https://weepingwillowf2016.wixsite.com/justgerbils

Back to top Go down

Post by River Mon 15 Jan 2018, 6:57 pm

Yep, some do! It seems to be expressive with them. Some for joy, some for irritation...or both. Graham loves to talk. I've also felt vibrations in some of my smaller mice.
River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Colors Tue 16 Jan 2018, 6:19 am

My old mice never vibrated or made noises unless they were fighting, so I thought that something was wrong with our new mice but they look perfectly healthy and they only do it when I'm around =)
Colors
Colors

Cancer Starving

https://weepingwillowf2016.wixsite.com/justgerbils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum