Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

La Croix & Dr.Pepper enjoying a lamb bone + Monster

+2
River
Mahjling
6 posters

Go down

La Croix & Dr.Pepper enjoying a lamb bone + Monster Empty La Croix & Dr.Pepper enjoying a lamb bone + Monster

Post by Mahjling Mon 05 Mar 2018, 12:27 pm

La Croix & Dr.Pepper enjoying a lamb bone + Monster Tumblr_p53rq1qEEB1x3jl7oo1_540
La Croix & Dr.Pepper enjoying a lamb bone + Monster Tumblr_p53qwmCdju1x3jl7oo1_540
La Croix & Dr.Pepper enjoying a lamb bone + Monster Tumblr_p53rr9pbt81x3jl7oo1_540

When Dr.Pepper is excited, she does the 'tail thump' one associates with a threat display. For a while I thought maybe she was just a hyper-nervous girl, but it turns out that seems to just be her reaction to new and exciting stimuli, even if she loves it. She's actually tail thumping like mad while chewing on that bone, and they're one of her favorite things in the world.

Silly little lady.

Mahjling

Scorpio Dreaming

https://Belovedmice.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

La Croix & Dr.Pepper enjoying a lamb bone + Monster Empty Re: La Croix & Dr.Pepper enjoying a lamb bone + Monster

Post by River Mon 05 Mar 2018, 4:14 pm

How cute! Maybe those would last longer than the Whimzees I've been getting. They go through those like nothing! Looks like some very happy mice.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

La Croix & Dr.Pepper enjoying a lamb bone + Monster Empty Re: La Croix & Dr.Pepper enjoying a lamb bone + Monster

Post by Mahjling Tue 06 Mar 2018, 1:05 am

Bones last ages it feels like, if you want one you can leave in the tank a little longer without worrying about any potential grossness from particulates you didn't manage to boil off, antler chews (The kind they make for dogs) are also super excellent!

Mahjling

Scorpio Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Tue 06 Mar 2018, 10:57 am

Wonderful pictures! I gave my mice bones a couple weeks ago, on a hunch that they would love them, and was amazed at how much they actually did! They went bananas.
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahjling Wed 07 Mar 2018, 11:00 pm

Supposedly they chew on things like antlers quite often in the wild, I know people who collect deer skulls often note small imperfections that are actually the results of mice chewing! I bet it's the mineral content they love.

Well, I mean, that and mice just looove to nibble anything hard of course =,D

Mahjling

Scorpio Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousetropolis Thu 08 Mar 2018, 5:48 pm

Your mice are adorable. I love the natural look of their homes! The antler chews are a great idea, too. I'll have to see if the girls like that!
Mousetropolis
Mousetropolis
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahjling Fri 09 Mar 2018, 11:39 pm

Thank you! Their tank is a little funny, a lot of the decorations are very natural looking, but I also rotate various boxes in to use as foraging boxes, so it's all lovely and natural and then there will be a coke box or a mike's hard lemonade box smack in the corner =,D

I absolutely recommend giving it a try, I find they last waaay longer than wood chews (I use those as well, but my girls don't really chew on them, just strip the bark off, eat it, then ignore it...)

Mahjling

Scorpio Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 10 Mar 2018, 8:28 pm

So cute!!!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by BananaPie Thu 22 Mar 2018, 2:11 pm

You should definitely make a post about your set up! It looks so interesting. I have so many questions about the pros and cons of a set up like that where it's more natural.

Hearts
Heart Rainbow2 You can't keep a good mouse down! Cookie Heart   
BananaPie
BananaPie
Jr Member
Jr Member

Libra Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahjling Sat 24 Mar 2018, 2:02 am

I'd be happy to answer questions! I'll make a thread right now : )

Mahjling

Scorpio Dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down