Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tank sizes

3 posters

Go down

Tank sizes Empty Tank sizes

Post by Mochi6919 Wed 04 Apr 2018, 10:47 pm

Hello! I was looking to get two or three female mice, but a 10 gallon doesn't look big enough to me. Would a 20 gallon be okay?

Mochi6919

Back to top Go down

Tank sizes Empty Re: Tank sizes

Post by Jadamouse Thu 05 Apr 2018, 4:02 am

i would personally suggest something bigger than a 20 gallon, (not saying 20 gallons are too small) but it is defiantly nicer for the mice if they have a larger cage and bigger is pretty much always better. a 20 gallon would be okay though yes Smile

if you want a cheaper alternative you could make a bin cage or a diy cage out of ikea furniture (there is heaps of videos about how to make huge cages for a cheap price) they are very cost effective and may even be cheaper than a tank

i also suggest you get a group of 3 or more females just because they are very social and enjoy the company of one another.

best of luck !! Very Happy

Remembering: ~Milly~ ~Jazz~ ~Jem~ ~Oreo~

Smile Angel Smile
Jadamouse
Jadamouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cancer Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 05 Apr 2018, 8:22 am

Keep in mind the cage calculator is just to give you an idea of the bare minimum size for the number of mice. It’s not meant to be a suggestion for a permanent home.  So for sure, go for larger than what’s suggested there. But keep in mind that sometimes it helps to start with closer to the minimum during quarantine and with untamed mice (the 20 would be fine).  But once your mice have a clean bill of health and you’ve tamed them up some, most absolutely do appreciate more space. Just remember they like things more cluttered and not wide open spaces. Smile

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down