Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New hamster!

+2
Peachy
MouseLover
6 posters

Go down

New hamster! Empty New hamster!

Post by MouseLover Sat 11 Jun 2016, 11:17 am

He's here! I didn't want to bother him too much but couldn't resist taking a quick picture when I put him in his cage Very Happy
He's a 7 week old winter white russian dwarf hamster Very Happy I got a pedigree with him going back to his great great great grandparents, which is cool.

I need help thinking up a name though, so suggestions are welcome!

New hamster! Dscn0010

(regarding the strange looking bedding... my parcel got delayed and I ran out of bedding, so I'm using torn up recycled paper until monday. Oops!)

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

New hamster! Empty Re: New hamster!

Post by Peachy Sat 11 Jun 2016, 1:11 pm

Oh, he looks sweet. How fun! No idea on names, but can't wait to see what you decide. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by GabbiLuvsMice Sat 11 Jun 2016, 8:30 pm

For some reason Im getting serious thumper vibes? I don't know, why but I feel like that would be cute, even if he isn't a rabbit :p Heart Eyes
GabbiLuvsMice
GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

Back to top Go down

Post by Soren Sat 11 Jun 2016, 8:43 pm

Such a cutie!

Thumper is a cute name idea!

Hmmm he's white and russian.... How about Blizzard? It would suit him if he's energetic and fast!
Or if he's shy and never comes out... Casper? Ear wiggle
Soren
Soren
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by essentiallysue Sat 11 Jun 2016, 10:50 pm

Those are cute names, but he looks like a "Billy" to me, but I always use human names.

essentiallysue
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 12 Jun 2016, 12:40 am

Cutie butt! In Love

Simon, Nigel, Remy, Marcel, Duckie. I usually try human names too, but sometimes a name emerges like my hams Splotchy, Binky and Boopers. Then I have Katie and Murray. Try as I may to name them right away, they usually go nameless until I get to know them.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sun 12 Jun 2016, 8:09 am

I'm considering Ivor or Alfie right now.

He's so adorable, I'm in love. I can't believe how round he is, it's like there's no distinction between his head and body Laughing He discovered his wheel last night and made a racket making himself at home, so he's doing well Thumbs Up

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 12 Jun 2016, 8:18 am

Dwarf hamsters are my favorite body type for sure! So very, very round. And they just get rounder when they stuff their cheeks. Soft and round, with those big eyes, and that tiny little tic tac tail. And the weigh just the right amount. They are the best Jump Hearts

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sun 12 Jun 2016, 6:54 pm

I didn't even realise they had tails, they're so small Laughing I just spotted it today when he was running on his wheel. The cutest bum I ever did see.

He's so clumsy though, I get scared he'll hurt himself. God knows how, he managed to climb on top of his silent spinner this evening, and got spun to the ground Shocked

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 12 Jun 2016, 8:12 pm

Oh, yeah, they love getting into clumsy trouble and falling.  And they absolutely do have the cutest butts.  So round and fuzzy... and that tiny little tail... like a furry grain of rice Jump Hearts

When my dwarfies were younger, they would run so fast, they would spin around upside down and then fall straight down.  Plop!  And then start running again.  It freaked me out.  I switched to the saucer for a little while and then added back the spinner.

Oh, you're gonna have so much fun with him! The are so different from mice. I mean, they are similar in some ways, but their personalities are so different.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down