Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New mouse very scared

2 posters

Go down

New mouse very scared Empty New mouse very scared

Post by fancymice Thu 19 Apr 2018, 7:29 pm

My new mouse chocolate is EXTREMELY scared of everything and skittish, if I put my hand even like 7 inches from her, she immediately runs as far as possible from it. Whenever I come into the room she hides. How do I get her to be more social and stop being skittish? She used to be in a tank with three other mice and now she’s alone before I introduce her to the others. Please help
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

New mouse very scared Empty Re: New mouse very scared

Post by Jadamouse Thu 19 Apr 2018, 9:15 pm

try coaxing her out with treats, or just keep your hand in her cage and keep very still. chances are she will sooner or later become very curious of your hand and come out. taming mice can be very difficult sometimes but you will get there eventually. another thing you should try is every time you interact with her cage leave a treat or something yummy behind for her. talking quietly to her can help too Smile

edit: i had a mouse who was just like this, eventually curiosity overtook the fear and now she is probably the most sociable mouse i have had, so don't give up !

Remembering: ~Milly~ ~Jazz~ ~Jem~ ~Oreo~

Smile Angel Smile
Jadamouse
Jadamouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cancer Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by fancymice Fri 20 Apr 2018, 3:32 pm

Jadamouse wrote:try coaxing her out with treats, or just keep your hand in her cage and keep very still. chances are she will sooner or later become very curious of your hand and come out. taming mice can be very difficult sometimes but you will get there eventually. another thing you should try is every time you interact with her cage leave a treat or something yummy behind for her. talking quietly to her can help too Smile  

edit: i had a mouse who was just like this, eventually curiosity overtook the fear and now she is probably the most sociable mouse i have had, so don't give up !

Okay I'll start doing that, thank you so much! Smile
fancymice
fancymice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down