Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best DIY suggestions?

2 posters

Go down

Best DIY suggestions? Empty Best DIY suggestions?

Post by Tranquil-Sheep Fri 11 May 2018, 1:59 pm

Namaste,
I've been thinking of making some DIY toys and dens for my mice however I'm not too sure what to make,
I have a few ideas like a tub system for them to climb in as well as possibly making a castel out of wooden boxes.

What ideas has everyone else done/seen? I'd love to gather as many ideas as possible.
I also thought about making hammocks or fleece dens but I can't find patterns for them.

I am looking through the DIY forums currently for ideas as well

Tranquil-Sheep
Tranquil-Sheep

Scorpio Zen

Back to top Go down

Best DIY suggestions? Empty Re: Best DIY suggestions?

Post by Jadamouse Fri 11 May 2018, 7:41 pm

i like to make climbing wall box things for my mice, they absolutely LOVE them and basically shred them to bits. you basically cut open a cereal box and glue tubes and platforms and all sorts of things inside and then glue the box closed and make a couple of holes for them to climb in and out of and voila! you can stand them up against the side of the cage or what i have even done in the past is put it under a layer of substrate for them to go in and out of.

another thing is paper mache house things, you can basically make any shape you want, just cover the shape or object (you can use a bowl or a pot or whatever) in cling film and then make a 'glue' out of flour and water and paper mache with toilet paper or paper towels, another one of my mice's favourite things haha.

i have also made hanging foraging treat toy thingys with bottle caps and cardboard, i just poked a hole through the middle of a bunch of plastic bottle caps, and cut out a few squares of cardboard and cut holes in the middle of them too, you basically alternate them and thread them on a piece of sissal string, then you can put treats in the bottle caps and the cardboard acts as a 'lid' so the mice have to lift up the cardboard to get to the treats.

sorry that i don't have any pictures at the moment, i will try add some later as some of my ideas are a bit hard to explain haha Smile

Remembering: ~Milly~ ~Jazz~ ~Jem~ ~Oreo~

Smile Angel Smile
Jadamouse
Jadamouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cancer Fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tranquil-Sheep Sun 13 May 2018, 11:16 am

@Jadamouse
Ah I love the climbing box idea, I'll definatly need to give it a go!
I didn't even think about paper mache for them >< Ah it could help with the castel idea I have to.
I think i understand what you mean with the foraging toy, will need to find sissal string to use and give that a go to.
Thank you for the ideas! I'll be adding them to my list to try

Tranquil-Sheep
Tranquil-Sheep

Scorpio Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down