Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is This Okay? Any Other Suggestions?

2 posters

Go down

Is This Okay? Any Other Suggestions? Empty Is This Okay? Any Other Suggestions?

Post by Werewoofwoof Sat 17 Aug 2019, 11:53 am

Heyo, i'm trying to find a seed mix that I can use for my mice, since the pet store's mix is INFESTED with caterpillars, and they don't plan to fix it, it seems. But the other pet stores are a bit out of the way, and I can't get to them easily at all.

So I was just wondering, if this particular seed mix looks alright?
https://www.ruralking.com/wild-bird-seed-waste-free-golden-hearts

It looks like the exact stuff the pet store sells, just with some peanuts and grain thrown in. My mice don't react badly to peanuts, which i'd take a good chunk out anyways depending on how much there is in the mix. But I just need some opinions on how good it is?

If there's another bird seed you'd recommend, that comes in a decently sized bag, let me know! Walmart and Rural King are the places i'd have to go to get it, because they're the only real stores available that carry a selection of this kind of thing.

Remembering:
Apple Sauce, Popcorn, Cider, Chimney sweep, Latte, Coco Puff, Dishwater

Werewoofwoof

Back to top Go down

Is This Okay? Any Other Suggestions? Empty Re: Is This Okay? Any Other Suggestions?

Post by Robin~ Sat 17 Aug 2019, 12:28 pm

This is the only good food I could find at either retailer:

https://www.ruralking.com/kaytee-fiesta-max-parakeet-premier-blend-4-5lb-100032259

It's definitely not great by any means but it might be ok.

Can you buy from online (ex amazon or chewy)? Sunseed Vita Prima parakeet food can be found on either quite easily/cheaply and is a great mix on its own.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Is This Okay? Any Other Suggestions? Empty Re: Is This Okay? Any Other Suggestions?

Post by Werewoofwoof Tue 20 Aug 2019, 6:30 pm

Oh, right - I completely forgot about online shopping, I don't usually do that haha.
Thank you for the recommendation, i'll order the parakeet mix!

Remembering:
Apple Sauce, Popcorn, Cider, Chimney sweep, Latte, Coco Puff, Dishwater

Werewoofwoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down