Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Found A Cat!

+4
CallaLily
MouseLover
scaredymouse
CinnamonPearl
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

We Found A Cat! - Page 2 Empty Re: We Found A Cat!

Post by MouseLover Wed 15 Jun 2016, 8:37 am

Aaw I hope no one's looking for him, it must be hard to get attached to a little kitty and then have to give him up, even if it is the right thing to do.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by goldfishfanforever Wed 15 Jun 2016, 6:29 pm

I'm sure if someone is looking for him you will eventually find them but if not then good luck and I'm sure he I'll have a happy home with you Smile
goldfishfanforever
goldfishfanforever
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aries Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Wed 15 Jun 2016, 7:33 pm

Here are photos of the pages of good canned cat foods that I wrote out:
We Found A Cat! - Page 2 A2qera
We Found A Cat! - Page 2 20swqc7
We Found A Cat! - Page 2 288uiv8
We Found A Cat! - Page 2 Hugmkn
This took me, like, hours! Lol I hope it helps Smile
Lol right? She can be a little aggressive! But hey, it works! I'm a hard-core canned cat food advocate now XD
No problem Wink

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 15 Jun 2016, 8:32 pm

Honestly, I feed a mix of kibble and canned. The kibble is "natural" something or other - I don't have a bag atm because I dump it into an airtight storage container when I bring it home.  It's the only kind that I've found that agrees with Chico's belly. The canned varies depending on what's on sale or what store I can get to - but I do also look at the ingredients and try to stick to ones with meat as the first ingredients. At the moment I've got Sheba and Friskies sitting here. Not sure where they fit on the reviews...pretty sure Friskies isn't so great. Please don't flame me. Paper Bag

Edit: Natural Balance - I'm pretty sure that's the brand kibble.

Last edited by CallaLily on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 15 Jun 2016, 8:34 pm

Thanks so much Artist! Aaaaah, that's so many brands! How do I even begin to choose? Well he does like chicken flavor so I guess I'll stick with that.

A good story from today. The little kitty and I took a nap together today! We were playing together for a while, but then we both got a little tired, so we just curled up together and took a nap. He was sleeping on my belly at first, but he couldn't get comfortable, so he came down and snuggled up against my side. I wrapped my arm around him, and we both just fell asleep for an hour. Boy, if I have to give up this cat, I think I'm gonna cry. My sister and I checked two streets in our neighborhood off the list, but there are still more to go. And we got him a collar today too. A red one. No tag yet, of course, but I wanted him to have one whether we end up giving him away or not.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 15 Jun 2016, 8:42 pm

How could I forget? Pictures from yesterday!

We Found A Cat! - Page 2 6-14-111
We Found A Cat! - Page 2 6-14-112
We Found A Cat! - Page 2 6-14-110

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Wed 15 Jun 2016, 9:11 pm

Awwww, he looks so sweet. Heart

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 15 Jun 2016, 9:13 pm

I'm in love!!!! Such a handsome boy!

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Wed 15 Jun 2016, 9:55 pm

i'm still in a big cast from my wrist surgery, so forgive any typos or if I sound abrupt Smile. i'm a little late to the party about food recommendations, but here goes. until we had to switch to prescription food for kevin's bladder stones... I always fed Maya Royal Canin dry food. it's a very good brand and she loved it. Until she got fat, I used to leave dry food out all the time for her to snack on. And then I would feed 1/2 can of wet food twice a day.

http://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/royal-canin-feline-health-nutrition-oral-sensitive-30

The brands of wet food that I fed were wellness, nutro, max, natural balance, merrick, and halo.

I also always keep a fountain available for cats since they are prone to dehydration. I've had a lot of cats with health problems over the years, so now I always feed them the better quality, more expensive food.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse Wed 15 Jun 2016, 10:06 pm

I use Rachael Ray's Zero Grain Nutrish brand for my dog (she has allergies so I try to avoid grain products when I can) and see that she has started a cat food line, both dry and canned. Her products are easily found and are not very costly (cheapest at Walmart).

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Wed 15 Jun 2016, 10:07 pm

Thank you Scaredy! I'll give it a look. We've been leaving a bowl of water for him at all times, and he drinks a good amount. My sister did some research, and apparently we're supposed to feed kittens three times daily until he hits six months old, so that's the plan for now. No dry food, though. Artistwolf's article scared me off from it. Laughing

Is it a normal thing to crate cats at night? I know it's a dog thing, though we never did it for Ace. I was supposed to give the boy free range of the family room for the night, but I ended up crating him. I just can't imagine what sorts of mischief he might get up to in those hours alone! The family room isn't exactly 100% kitten proofed yet, but I'm probably just being paranoid. Oh, and in other news, I've decided to schedule a vet appointment for him on Sunday, make sure he's healthy and discuss future shots and neutering with the vet.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Wed 15 Jun 2016, 10:08 pm

CallaLily wrote:Honestly, I feed a mix of kibble and canned. The kibble is "natural" something or other - I don't have a bag atm because I dump it into an airtight storage container when I bring it home.  It's the only kind that I've found that agrees with Chico's belly. The canned varies depending on what's on sale or what store I can get to - but I do also look at the ingredients and try to stick to ones with meat as the first ingredients. At the moment I've got Sheba and Friskies sitting here. Not sure where they fit on the reviews...pretty sure Friskies isn't so great. Please don't flame me. Paper Bag
I'm sorry, CallaLily, if it seemed like I was disrespecting your way of feeding! I didn't mean that at all. My ideas are pretty generalized—a lot of factors could change what I'm saying. And especially if your cat gets an upset stomach over some foods... I have no problem with what you use Smile As long as he's healthy! And Friskies isn't too bad in my opinion. They're on my list so there's a lot without high carbs. As I said, as long as he's happy and healthy—you're doing just fine in my mind Smile

That said, I agree with Cinna—that article scared me off of dry for good Laughing Increases risk of urinary issues, etc. But yeah. Lol just don't let me offend you, as that isn't my point! I'm sorry if I did, anyone!

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 16 Jun 2016, 7:37 am

Artistwolf wrote:
I'm sorry, CallaLily, if it seemed like I was disrespecting your way of feeding! I didn't mean that at all.

No, not at all. I should know by now that you guys are much more caring and understanding with your responses. Really it was me feeling guilty over the Friskies sitting here. I grabbed it real quick the other day and I was looking over the ingredients last night and it isn't so great. I think it's one of those brands where you have to be careful which particular kind you get.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Thu 16 Jun 2016, 8:10 am

Aaaaaw those pictures of him are so cute! He looks like puss in boots, from shrek.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 16 Jun 2016, 1:02 pm

Don't be too turned off by dry food.  Kevin has urinary stones and is on prescription dry food from his vet! It just depends what it's made of.  I mean, I don't recommend only feeding dry food... But I think it's an important part of the diet, especially when you consider their teeth.  Cats teeth need dry food to stay healthy.  In the wild, they're teeth are used to crunch bones.  Soft food alone won't keep their teeth strong.  Also, unless your cat lets you brush his teeth, dry food (like the fancy oral care one I recommended) helps scrub the surface of the teeth to get the plaque off.  Cats teeth can get really gross.  Since you're taking him to the vet, you can talk to them about it.

Last edited by scaredymouse on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell good)
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next