Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Mouse Dossier

Go down

My Mouse Dossier Empty My Mouse Dossier

Post by chiroptera Tue 15 May 2018, 6:45 pm

Tabby's Moussier

A thread for me to put all my mice, show them off, link to their galleries, etc. Smile

Just a little bit about me: I'm Tabby, she/her, 22, a Pennsylvanian now living in Texas. I love animals and nature, writing, bats, videogames, my pets, drawing, and animals, and I'm usually wasting time on the Internet. You can find me online under the names: Noivurn, chiroptera/chiropterra/chiropterran, or gruntsmom

I've had mice on and off since I was in ~2nd grade, and got back into mousekeeping in the Summer of 2017, after an impromptu/accidental move to Texas that my pets cemented. Yahtzee and Trouble were these girls, who re-opened my eyes to having mice. They're both over the rainbow bridge now, but they'll always be in my heart.

If curious, here is me (with Trouble):

My Mouse Dossier Me_and10

Last edited by chiroptera on Wed 16 May 2018, 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

MeanMurine likes this post

Back to top Go down

My Mouse Dossier Empty Re: My Mouse Dossier

Post by chiroptera Tue 15 May 2018, 9:07 pm

The Girls

My female mice, organized by colony.

The Girlie Girls

Girlie Girls Gallery

The Girlie Girls are all named after famous women in history, and were my first girls originating from a breeder rather than pet shops.

Nellie

Nellie Shy Mouse
gallery

My Mouse Dossier YxPrvd5t1ePy--hYdf6PPLdNEkj4Z2eMZTPT4mOOJ1JGrKFs8KCf2UQIkavoauffZWVAVJbr0-n9oiWsvN7adfTocsy6wpH1Lg7z

Nellie was my first female from a breeder, and she's as cute (and sweet) as can be! She is a siamese, and has gorgeous points. She's definitely one of the prettiest mice I've ever had!

Frankie

Rosalind Franklin Mouse
gallery

My Mouse Dossier IMG_-95lpe1

Frankie is the sweetest of all my current mice. She's an absolute angel. Always lets me pick her up, cuddles with me, likes to be pet. She's an all around sweetheart!

Lovey

Ada Lovelace Mouse
gallery

My Mouse Dossier 7ynS2LU-D9wv5OWpTsyzB-fI4yyRh-kmHDAoD3rtquUPyEL7Vrd6_9bIaZBbL8563UIa7toFAL-r6vmsp2eO8wpq-viPmxOj9z8H

Lovie was adopted alongside Bonny, and though she's small she's a very sweet girl who will often sit for pets cuddles. Despite the picture, she's actually since completely changed appearance, and now shows as a splashed mouse with siamese points - I sometimes even mistake her for Nellie.

Bonny

Ann Bonny Mouse
gallery

My Mouse Dossier Z_qGCFHWl225qpmdUdAezg8vkF6xUW1unwdC7vwgET-LwB7jXO4Pdo0vtab7Uh02yscc7phy7wSBzeqXq-i5uK-MxXPTcFlyoRx6

Bonny was obtained from my breeder alongside Lovey. She's a very calm mouse, and is often very sociable, enjoying being handled. She was named after the pirate Anne Bonny.

The Flowerbed

These girls are named after flowers! The remaining Girlie Girls are technically in the same colony as the Flowerbed, but they're listed separately based on name themes.

Zinnia

Zinnia Mouse

My Mouse Dossier DE_CiXb0G26wZzbdG8oStoo__auLgcKMhV4rrUExeXEtLmogDfJkV38JHmQIiRnE5cNSWo7NA2MmFJjfVXCNluOUStQumUE56ANA

I obtained Zinnia from my breeder when I came to drop off some mice when I was forced to downsize - and while getting new mice might have been a little counter-productive, I couldn't resist the sweet little tricolor, especially when she crawled into my shirt to nap.

Magnolia

Magnolia Petunia Mouse

My Mouse Dossier 5n6L2qFJZfPQ9eqCHrAJUmumGaeejwcmOrxpGrwHyhR86lAY9LtxpPBsNKO4HsGyOKmUUtcI5AiIcyBikooklGp8r-qjFHubuGuh

I got Magnolia from my breeder alongside Zinnia. She's a bit skittish and very fast, but super cute! She's a grey agouti fox, so her underside is a gorgeous white.

Last edited by chiroptera on Fri 26 Jun 2020, 6:52 pm; edited 22 times in total (Reason for editing : Updates)

Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Tue 15 May 2018, 9:14 pm

The Boys

My male mice! On their own, since they can't cohabitate.

Pronto

(Pronto Geronimouse)
gallery

My Mouse Dossier G-yMN9ZGnNNRdYQRrhggbUAzd-XTAYttrkvprtmT4iGkmUT4fRtV9NZsOsCjtm6Kz9ycptsYtkixIjwymZghpDbiLXKghQX05R7O

Pronto was a gift from my friend and breeder after my first boy from her, Spider, passed away. I'd been wanting a hairless mouse for a long time, and she let me take Pronto home despite originally planning on using him for breeding. He is a "fuzzy hairless" mouse, so he does have a thin layer of fuzz, but he's still an absolutely adorable little naked boy!  Love

He's named after Pronto from the cartoon Slugterra.  

Last edited by chiroptera on Fri 26 Jun 2020, 6:54 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Updates)

chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Tue 15 May 2018, 9:18 pm

Over the Rainbow Bridge

My mice who have passed on. I'll always remember them, and their little grabbies will forever have my heart.

Trouble

(Trouble Perfection Mouse)
May 2017 - Feb 2018
gallery

My Mouse Dossier Troubl10

Trouble was my heart mouse, and the reason I got back into mousekeeping. My roommates and I were at the pet store, getting food for their rats, when I realized there was a mouse stuck under a food bowl that was upside down. So, I asked an employee to flip it over in case she was really stuck, and when she did, I fell in love. There was Trouble, all dazed and confused and beautiful. I named her "Trouble", since (at the time) I thought she would be the troublemaker of the group. Along with her, I adopted her sister, Yahtzee so that she would have company. A little while after I got her, she developed a head tilt, we think because of an ear infection. The vet gave us some medicine, which seemed to help, but her tilt didn't ever go away completely. But that was okay, she was my beautiful, perfect waltzing daughter. She passed away in my hands in February.

Yahtzee

(Yahtzee Monopoly Mouse)
May 2017 - April 2018
gallery

My Mouse Dossier Profes10

I got Yahtzee as a companion for Trouble; her brindled coat and cute little face endeared me almost as much as Trouble did. She was actually far more mischievous than Trouble was, and was less of a cuddlebug, but she was still a sweet, sweet girl. She was my roommate's favorite, and of course I loved her too. She and Trouble were extremely close and never fought or squabbled! As brindled mice tend to be, Yahtzee was a bit chubby, but she loved to run on her Silent Spinner and was an acrobatic girl nonetheless. She passed away in late April of 2018, for unknown reasons. She was my favorite professional morb, and she's greatly missed.

Checkers

(Checkers Backgammon Mouse)
gallery

My Mouse Dossier Checke10

The third of the Gamer Girls, I got her to balance out the colony. (Or so I tell myself, despite their never being a lick of aggression between Trouble and Yahtzee  Rolling Eyes) She's a cuddlebug, and really loved to hide in my hair. She was named Checkers because her spots looked similar to a checkerboard! She had to be put down due to complications most likely related to cancer.

Clue

(Clue-Do Solitaire Mouse)
gallery

My Mouse Dossier Clue10

I got Clue and Mahjong together in January of 2018, because the two of them were too cute and I'm weak I couldn't choose. I've always loved PEW mice, and Mahjong was a too-cute little fluffball. Clue was more reserved, and was shy at first but would cuddle up in your hair or clothes once she got comfortable. She was put to sleep in April 2020 due to complications from her old age.

Mahjong

(Mahjong Parcheesi Mouse)
gallery

My Mouse Dossier Cutest11

Mahjong weaseled her way into my heart with her charm and good looks. She was a little troublemaker, but she was cute as pie and she knew it. She was a bit of a bully at first, but eventually seemed to be settling in and behaving (most of the time). She sure was a beautiful little mouse, though! She passed away presumably due to old age.

Peebee

(Peebee Andromeda Mouse)
gallery

My Mouse Dossier 1peebe10

Peebee was a spunky, adventurous little mousie! She was adorable and very friendly, and would climb right onto your hand as soon as you got it in the cage. She was always full of surprises- and energy! She was adopted more or less alongside her twin sister, who unfortunately passed away. She passed away presumably due to age.

She's named after Peebee from Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Pumpkin

(Pumpkin Harvest Mouse)
(~October 2017 - March 2019)
gallery

My Mouse Dossier Cutest12

Pumpkin was an "Oops!" at an all-female PetSmart. He got another mouse pregnant in shipment, and of course had to be separated. He was stuck at the store for months, looking so round and cute and sad, and after leaving to visit my family in PA for the holidays and coming back to him still there, now without a wheel in his cage, we finally caved. My roommate and I adopted him together, and gave him a happy home to run to his heart's content.

We had him laid to rest due to poor health.

Jay

(Jay Mouse)
(June 2018 - July 2018)
gallery

My Mouse Dossier ObJ1ak0klhERd7TOn_atKMqvq_dxd3_dn6bHqjZE8VjM4pcWBX6g_s8X7R2A2QBxZ1l1z9GmKtMfi_iQgR4q-4noxHh4X6rHbxAnzib2CVKar0fXKwdkNmEPraPol38ahpJRVvU0Mos=w2400

Jay was a crafty little climber, who was adopted... more-or-less alongside her sister, Peebee. The story behind their adoption started at Petco, where I was looking at the mice with my roommates, and as we were watching, a tiny little girl was just crawling all the way up the front of the cage, and I had to save her... That was Jay! So, we got the employee and asked for the black mouse we saw, packed her up, and took her home. But then, we noticed that we thought her tail had looked different when we saw her before... we chalked it up to a glare on the cage. Until we went back to Petco for something a few days later, and saw an almost identical little black mouse in the cage! We'd mistakenly gotten the wrong mouse the first time. So, we took Jay home that day, too. Peebee and Jay were definitely littermates, other than the slightly different markings on the tail, they looked identical. Sadly, Jay passed away for no known reason in July.

Sid

(Sidera Nyx Mouse)
(July 2018 - August 2018)
gallery

My Mouse Dossier Sid110

I wasn't planning on getting a mouse at all when I got Sid; my roommates were getting a new rat baby and I asked to see the mice while we were there. I promise, I totally just wanted to look!! But I put my hand into the tank and the sweetpea crawled right on. I couldn't just leave her there, right?! Wink  She was very she and submissive, but so, so sweet.

She was named after Sid from Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Zola

(Tali'Zola Mouse)
(??? - September 2018)
gallery

My Mouse Dossier 1zola10

I was approached by an employee at the local Petco and was offered Zola, who belonged to said employee's sister, and needed a new home. I didn't have very much to go off of, other than that the mouse was female and that she was an adult. When I accepted, she warned me that the mouse "wasn't tame", so I expected a challenge taming her... and I was met with a total sweetie. A little skittish at first, but, she's a mouse, so of course! She was very sweet, and loved cuddling and eating.
She had to be euthanized due to health issues.

She came with the name Zola, but "Tali" comes from Tali'Zorah from Mass Effect.

Dragon

(Dungeons-and-Dragon Pinetree Mouse)
gallery

My Mouse Dossier Dragon11

Dragon was (admittedly) impulse-adopted after Trouble passed away, with another mouse who unfortunately had to be rehomed. She's a very tough looking mousie, but was very scared at first, and would cry whenever one of the other girls touched her. She's settling in now and has actually been trying to dominate her sisters! (Update: She ended up a big bully.  Rolling Eyes ) She passed away by unknown causes.

Hazelnut

Hazelnut Mouse
gallery

My Mouse Dossier NOLe3Fdnk-Su7U96pRfIPtT6pws6FcAdCp9iWZ7ttmnotSzw6kuJYWxlu53tbp5Z__dCtHxxD5BfXbghv_5nsd7d7h3LvCwOQUO-

Hazelnut had been surrendered to Petco alongside her cagemate. The older mouse was missing an eye, although the Petco workers never knew how or why she'd lost her eye. Seeing an older, disabled mouse up for adoption, I couldn't help but adopt her, alongside her cagemate. She was a very sweet girl, and lived out the rest of her days with me.

Thyme

Thyme Rosemary Mouse
gallery

My Mouse Dossier Thyme10

Thyme was surrendered to Petco along with her cagemate, a one-eyed mouse I named Hazelnut. Seeing an older, disabled mouse, I couldn't just leave her there! So I adopted Hazelnut and Thyme. Thyme was a little bit skittish but she was a pretty girl, and a big chewer. She was put to sleep due to old age Jan 2020.

Caramel

Caramel Reggie Mouse
gallery

My Mouse Dossier Carame11

Caramel was adopted alongside Thyme and Hazelnut to have a trio of girls- and the shiny little satin was just too cute to refuse! She was very small for a long time, an itty bitty little sweetie, though she did eventually put grow bigger! She was a very friendly mouse, and wasn't as skittish as the other foodies. She eventually contracted a UTI, and despite a vet trip and my attempts to nurse her back to health, she passed away.

Olive

Olive Anis Mouse
gallery

My Mouse Dossier Olive10

Olive was adopted a bit later than the other foodies. I saw her one day in Petsmart and thought she was super cute, but didn't get her... a few days later, we were in there again and she was still there, and my roommate fell in love with her too! And... home she came. She was skittish and a bit nibbly, but she was a lovely grey gal. Passed away due to unknown causes.

Popcorn

Popcorn Wishes Mouse

My Mouse Dossier Popcor10

I unfortunately didn't have sweet little Popcorn very long, as she passed away only a few weeks after I got her. She was extremely fast and loved to run.

Frida

Frida Kahlo Mouse

My Mouse Dossier MM8xHdvIIBJ0KzMG6iij439kZKBciCxWHLaf98lNR0XgPu9rYVVUl3wAzxAa6ikw-1MjfQ18orn-pTRa9dBQP4KeO0I_ytW_xDbg

Frida was adopted alongside Nellie and Oakley, the first females I got from a breeder rather than pet store. Frida was a very calm girl, a bit submissive to her sisters. Despite health issues, she was a strong little mousie, but ultimately passed away due to tumors.

Shelley

Shelley Mouse

My Mouse Dossier SHyLKv665yV0DA6_fxg50lx0Cm8fB8TPtXGw0RjQF7Hq9B8irOJ7ORbRVJjypd9lzaSy9OFgX_30JuGnPl57qufOAWf6AtQ_umNj

I hand-picked Shelley as a tiny pinkie well before she was old enough to be taken home with me. I ended up bringing home Frankie and Shelley's littermate, Mary, as well. She was a curious mouse, though rather skittish. She was put to rest due to a head tumor.

Spider

(Spider Georg Mouse)
gallery

My Mouse Dossier -g1SDi-dUaCjLB0f3PlCNLJco4uZl-ElKYyCFgkbH_tPwOYCVuSGxr2pYMR18e6-YKlj76t1-4THw42JJH544pPwCOwgWcTk0147

Spider was my first boy from a breeder, and he immediately became the apple of my eye! He was a show-type chocolate self. He was super sweet, and loves to climb around and perch on my shoulder when I got him out. He passed away presumably due to age in June 2020.

Beetle

Beetle Bug Mouse

My Mouse Dossier DiBpJAMbkaqeo9-luPxs2UDAPTz-v0g3L7p35gfk77kRGBIJ40KifchZ_EDe8RzFpLC3HvDztwobNBV4qLaKnGTCK9Bmv_LGxmYE

My roommate initially adopted Beetle, but he was given to me as my roommate decided he's not a fan of keeping mice. Beetle lived in a 40gal tank in my roommates' room, though I still considered him one of my babies.

Last edited by chiroptera on Fri 26 Jun 2020, 5:59 pm; edited 16 times in total (Reason for editing : Updates)

chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Wed 16 May 2018, 10:15 am

~reserved~

chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Fri 26 Jun 2020, 6:55 pm

The moussier was given a much-needed update today! Love

chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down