Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bin cage or Tank?

2 posters

Go down

Bin cage or Tank? Empty Bin cage or Tank?

Post by ILoveMice47 Mon 28 May 2018, 5:23 pm

Hi everyone! I've had my two girls for several months now, and I recently have acquired a 20 gallon long tank. I was just wondering, would they be happier in the tank? Right now they are in a big bin cage with mesh on all sides for ventilation. My concern is that since it is summer, the mice will get overheated or something in the tank, or not be able to respirate as well. Also, if it matters at all, their cage is in my room, and I'm afraid the room will get smelly because tanks don't allow as much air circulation. Any input is appreciated, thanks for reading! Smile

ILoveMice47

Back to top Go down

Bin cage or Tank? Empty Re: Bin cage or Tank?

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 28 May 2018, 5:33 pm

Hello, either is fine really. There is enough circulation in tanks with mesh lids. If it's really hot where you are, you may opt to keep them in the bin with extra ventilation. As far as smell, in my experience the tank would smell less as it holds in the smells, unlike a wire cage. It's really just personal preference. Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ILoveMice47 Mon 28 May 2018, 5:38 pm

Thank you for replying! I might as well try out the tank just to see if they like it Smile

ILoveMice47

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 28 May 2018, 5:42 pm

ILoveMice47 wrote:Thank you for replying!  I might as well try out the tank just to see if they like it Smile

I'm sure they will love it Very Happy Please share photos of it once you have it set up and of your mice too!!!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ILoveMice47 Mon 28 May 2018, 5:44 pm

Good idea, I will!

ILoveMice47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down