Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would be a good cage/tank for 5 mice?

4 posters

Go down

What would be a good cage/tank for 5 mice? Empty What would be a good cage/tank for 5 mice?

Post by Illumimoe666 Wed 12 Oct 2016, 8:42 pm

I currently have 5 mice~! And since my birthday is coming up I thought it be a perfect chance to expand their tank/cage. Any recommend size? Also if you know a good brand/place to buy that be great giving me a link Smile! I prefer something not too big and not too expansive. The smallest would be the best since I plan to connect another tank I have anyways.

Thanks! Love

Sol
Marshmallow Love
Illumimoe666
Illumimoe666

Scorpio Spooky

http://middyrose.deviantart.com or middyrose.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

What would be a good cage/tank for 5 mice? Empty Re: What would be a good cage/tank for 5 mice?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Wed 12 Oct 2016, 9:16 pm

Minimum for 5 girls is a 20 gallon long, what size do you have now? PetCo has a Dollar Per Gallon sale going on, so a 20 gallon long would only be $20, but it doesn't come with a lid so you'd have to buy that separate or make your own. While it offers a lot of space to connect another tank, you could end up with split colonies, which leads to fighting, so you might want to watch for that if you do decide to connect them.

What would be a good cage/tank for 5 mice? Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

What would be a good cage/tank for 5 mice? Empty Re: What would be a good cage/tank for 5 mice?

Post by Illumimoe666 Wed 12 Oct 2016, 11:18 pm

AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:Minimum for 5 girls is a 20 gallon long, what size do you have now? PetCo has a Dollar Per Gallon sale going on, so a 20 gallon long would only be $20, but it doesn't come with a lid so you'd have to buy that separate or make your own. While it offers a lot of space to connect another tank, you could end up with split colonies, which leads to fighting, so you might want to watch for that if you do decide to connect them.

Thank you for letting me know <3 Actually I know my tank is over 20 g long! Also good to know about the split colonies. I never knew that!

Sol
Marshmallow Love
Illumimoe666
Illumimoe666

Scorpio Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 13 Oct 2016, 9:31 am

Yep, a 20 gallon long is the minimum for 5 does. If you don't want to go bigger but looking for something with a bit more, a 29 gallon tank has the same footprint (30x12inches) but is taller (18 inches instead of 12).  I recently upgraded my mice from a 20 g long to a 40 g breeder (36x18x16).  Tons of room to work with if you think your mice would do well with extra space. Both of these sizes are often included in Petco's dollar per gallon sale too.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Illumimoe666 Thu 13 Oct 2016, 9:55 pm

CallaLily wrote:Yep, a 20 gallon long is the minimum for 5 does. If you don't want to go bigger but looking for something with a bit more, a 29 gallon tank has the same footprint (30x12inches) but is taller (18 inches instead of 12).  I recently upgraded my mice from a 20 g long to a 40 g breeder (36x18x16).  Tons of room to work with if you think your mice would do well with extra space. Both of these sizes are often included in Petco's dollar per gallon sale too.

Where can I find more information of the dollar per gallon sale Confused ?

Sol
Marshmallow Love
Illumimoe666
Illumimoe666

Scorpio Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal Thu 13 Oct 2016, 10:04 pm

You can call or ask your local Petco. They usually don't make it such a big thing but when you walk in if they have it there will be a sign by the stack of tanks. If Petco doesn't have one at the moment try PetSmart, there doing dollar per gallon sales now too.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by Illumimoe666 Thu 13 Oct 2016, 10:13 pm

EverythingAnimal wrote:You can call or ask your local Petco. They usually don't make it such a big thing but when you walk in if they have it there will be a sign by the stack of tanks. If Petco doesn't have one at the moment try PetSmart, there doing dollar per gallon sales now too.

I just found information. Thank you for letting me know! This is great information indeed Kiss

Sol
Marshmallow Love
Illumimoe666
Illumimoe666

Scorpio Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down