Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Separation blues

3 posters

Go down

Separation blues Empty Separation blues

Post by Daydream Sat 09 Jun 2018, 5:00 am

My little Daydream's breathing troubles turned out to be a bigger problem than just allergies after all; her struggles worsened, and after taking her to a vet again I was given antibiotics for her. Due to her infection I have separated her from the other mice but I am feeling really sad that she is alone now Sad She and Smidge were really close. Since coming home from the vet yesterday, Daydream has been sleeping much more than she used to be. She used to be so lively and curious and still has her moments of energy, but otherwise huddles in her nest almost all the time.

I bought her an exercise ball (I was iffy before but the concept seemed to fit Daydream's exlporative personality, and she absolutely loved navigating the house during the few minutes I put her in) and it was great to see her perking up a bit again, but after medicating her again today she seems to be stressed and reclusive again.

But I digress... I have a bin cage with lots of toys that I put my mice in every day for extra play. I'm tempted to continue putting Daydream and my other girls together for these sessions, but is this a bad idea? This is probably a very naive question but I feel heart-broken for Daydream's sudden separation from her group Sad How contagious is a respiratory infection? I don't want to take a risk but I want Daydream to be happy... I'm trying my best to keep her comfortable and entertained but I don't want her to miss her mousey friends forever.

Orbit, Flopsy & Mopsy the guinea pigs
Neo & Pring the king quails
and their quail chicks Bit, Byte, & Megabyte
Daydream
Daydream
Jr Member
Jr Member

Leo Wishful

Back to top Go down

Separation blues Empty Re: Separation blues

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sat 09 Jun 2018, 6:01 am

If your mice were with her when she was sick already, they probably are all infected already. That doesn't mean they are all ill, because it's possible they have stronger, healthier immune systems than Daydream. I can't see any reason to separate Daydream from them unless they are picking on her. I left my girl that had a URI in with several other girls, and they helped take care of her. Groomed her because she was too weak to groom herself, snuggled with her and kept her comfy.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 11 Jun 2018, 12:20 am

I agree with AMO, I wouldn't separate them as that is more stressful on all of them. Daydream will be more comfortable with her mouse friends. How is she doing? I hope she is feeling better real soon.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down