Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lump near leg?

Go down

Lump near leg? Empty Lump near leg?

Post by River Thu 14 Jun 2018, 5:52 pm

whats up fellas i can't consistently use forums to save my life

Garcia's breathing problems resurfaced so we took her to the vet and she was diagnosed with a respiratory infection probably lower down because she has no discharge and very few sounds. She's on Baytril, Doxycycline and Metacam to treat that.

She has lost weight from the respiratory infection and wasn't being very easy to handle so I don't think the vet was able to notice it, and I hadn't thought it was a lump (just fat, loose skin or something), but there's a lump on her stomach near her back leg. It does move beneath her skin if you touch it, and she didn't seem bothered by me touching it. It's lost some fur on it. I think that's the only one but she used to carry a lot of fat near her shoulders so it's a little hard to tell.

It's kind of hard to tell if it's affecting her, though, considering she's already sick from something totally unrelated.

I can't take her to the vet again so quickly after her last appointment -- Graham is still recovering from what turned out to be very severe OCD and just recently was able to stop seeing the vet and taking medication so that on top of vet bills from my dogs recent allergy and Garcia's RI doesn't make it easy. I can finally go back to working soon so I'll take her when I can (if lumps are treatable..?) but it will have to wait a while.

Which is why I make the post: what do you do about lumps? I've had a few mice but never noticed a lump on them and if she wasn't being flipped daily for medication, I wouldn't have seen this one for a while either. Will she be okay waiting to see the vet or are lumps emergency situations? Is there anything you should do to care for lumps?

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Lump near leg? Empty Re: Lump near leg?

Post by River Wed 20 Jun 2018, 2:55 pm

To update this: I don't doubt she may have had a URI because any other symptoms of it went down but her breathing stayed pretty heavy. I couldn't figure out why for a bit there but flipping her over I realized there's also a lump on her throat. The vet had said at her appointment that it seemed like she was having trouble getting air in so that's our main problem now. I'm pretty sure they're both tumors now. She'll stay on Metacam, which seems to be helping any pain.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down