Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lump on neck

2 posters

Go down

Lump on neck Empty Lump on neck

Post by Molly_mouse Wed 06 Jan 2021, 1:58 am

Hi!
My mouse, Ellie, seems to have developed a lump on her neck, right where her throat is. Due to her HIGHLY energetic personality, I wasn't able to get a photo of it, but there is a post titled "Should I be worried about this lump", which has a photo that looks the exact same as what Ellie is currently experiencing. I want to check to make sure it is something serious, as I've had an unlucky health streak lately as my mice are getting older, and my vet funds are running dry. Of course, I will take her if I need to, I just wanted the opinion of some of the people on this website. As background, she is about a year and a half old, and when she was younger was very energetic but she is starting to slow down a bit. She had a respiratory infection a couple of weeks ago and was put on antibiotics. She is still on them, her prescription lasts for a couple more days, but she seems to have made a full recovery. She has had two tumors before, both of which were just growths on her skin and were able to be removed. As we later found out, they were both benign. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Molly_mouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Lump on neck Empty Re: Lump on neck

Post by River Wed 06 Jan 2021, 2:20 am

It looks pretty small in the picture. A lump could be a number of things. Tumors, cysts, abscesses, etc.

I had a tumor in the same place on my mouse Garcia. It eventually started to interfere with breathing/swallowing, at which point she had to pass on. She also had two other lumps. However, hers were bigger -- if this stays at a manageable size it may not be as much of an issue.

I also have dealt with an abscess in the head region. Antibiotics cleared that up. We were given pain meds for both. Unfortunately I can't say for sure what's ging on in your case.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down