Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Slow Mouse

2 posters

Go down

One Slow Mouse Empty One Slow Mouse

Post by Hope4Allwhobreathe Mon 18 Jun 2018, 9:45 pm

Hi guys!
So I have one mouse, Otter, who is the most tame of the bunch. But I've also recetly noticed that she is SLOWER than the other two mice. She doesn't flit around or run on the wheel at full speed. She's still eating, with bright eyes and a shiny coat. Should I be concerned that she's slowing down?

She has no injuries to her feet or underbelly, and she's drinking plenty of water... I may just be worrying but I want to make sure she's okay. Here are some current photos of her for reference:

One Slow Mouse 20180610

One Slow Mouse 20180611

Any advice would be greatly appreciated- I don't want to lose another mouse so soon...hence why I'm so cautious.
Thanks <3

Hope4Allwhobreathe
Hope4Allwhobreathe
Jr Member
Jr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down

One Slow Mouse Empty Re: One Slow Mouse

Post by Nijimi にじみ Tue 19 Jun 2018, 12:02 am

I have one mouse like that and her name is Kimchi. I had felt the same way towards her! But mice are just like people. They have really different personalties. Kimchi used to be really lazy and all she did was eat and sleep Laughing . If you are very worried, you should examine her closely and look for anything wrong, like if there are bumps on her or any other anomalies. If it gets worse, you might want to go to the vet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope4Allwhobreathe Tue 19 Jun 2018, 8:25 am

Nijimi にじみ wrote:I have one mouse like that and her name is Kimchi. I had felt the same way towards her! But mice are just like people. They have really different personalties. Kimchi used to be really lazy and all she did was eat and sleep Laughing . If you are very worried, you should examine her closely and look for anything wrong, like if there are bumps on her or any other anomalies. If it gets worse, you might want to go to the vet.

Thank you! She is definitely more relaxed than the other two mice, but she's also smaller. I've checked her over a few times now, and she's got bright eyes, shiny coat, no lumps in her abdomen, no wounds or cuts, and seems happy. She's the only one of the bunch who will walk straight onto my hand for cuddles and treats.

Maybe she's the alpha female and doesn't have to worry as much? Who knows, I just love her and want her to be happy and healthy Smile

Hope4Allwhobreathe
Hope4Allwhobreathe
Jr Member
Jr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope4Allwhobreathe Tue 19 Jun 2018, 3:30 pm

Nijimi にじみ wrote:I have one mouse like that and her name is Kimchi. I had felt the same way towards her! But mice are just like people. They have really different personalties. Kimchi used to be really lazy and all she did was eat and sleep Laughing . If you are very worried, you should examine her closely and look for anything wrong, like if there are bumps on her or any other anomalies. If it gets worse, you might want to go to the vet.

Thank you! She is definitely more relaxed than the other two mice, but she's also smaller. I've checked her over a few times now, and she's got bright eyes, shiny coat, no lumps in her abdomen, no wounds or cuts, and seems happy. She's the only one of the bunch who will walk straight onto my hand for cuddles and treats.

Maybe she's the alpha female and doesn't have to worry as much? Who knows, I just love her and want her to be happy and healthy Smile

Hope4Allwhobreathe
Hope4Allwhobreathe
Jr Member
Jr Member

Scorpio Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijimi にじみ Tue 19 Jun 2018, 4:20 pm

No problem! You might see a change in her personality as time goes on too Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content