Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY mouse treats?

2 posters

Go down

DIY mouse treats? Empty DIY mouse treats?

Post by Chinchillasxoxo Sat 28 Jul 2018, 7:08 pm

Hello Smile

I was wondering if anyone makes their own mouse treats? If you do, what recipe do you use (what is in the mixture)? I have been looking for a good recipe for a while but can't seem to find any. One that doesn't use an oven would be great!

TIA
Chinchillasxoxo
Chinchillasxoxo
Chinchillasxoxo

Back to top Go down

DIY mouse treats? Empty Re: DIY mouse treats?

Post by CallaLily Sun 29 Jul 2018, 4:30 pm

You could make your own yogurt drops. Plain, unsweetened yogurt -possibly mix in a little puréed fruit for flavoring- dropped onto wax paper and frozen until set, then store in a freezer safe container. A tasty cool treat for summer. Smile
If you’re worried about dairy, try finding dairy free alternatives made with almond or coconut milk.

You could probably do something similar with unsweetened nut butters (almond, cashew, etc).

Not recipes but some favorite go-to dried treats are banana chips, puffed rice, walnuts, oats, pumpkin seeds, mealworms, popcorn, nori, millet.  Once you find out your mouse’s favorites you could throw together a quick and easy “trail mix.”

Small amounts of mouse-safe fruits and vegetables are appreciated by many mice. My past mice mostly enjoyed leafy greens, berries, and broccoli tops. Scrambled eggs are usually enjoyed too and can be cooked on the microwave if the stove isn’t an option.

I’ve made these for past mice just with our usual seed mix and they really seemed to enjoy them: https://onelittleproject.com/birdseed-ornaments/.  

I’ll edit if I think of anything else. Somewhere on here I have a pumpkin pie recipe but that does need baking.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down