Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse treats

4 posters

Go down

Mouse treats Empty Mouse treats

Post by mocharabbit Sun 26 Aug 2018, 12:34 pm

What treats should I use for training my mouse? What type of treats do mice usually enjoy? I put some lettuce in his bowl and millet spray but he hasn't ate any of it. Confused

mocharabbit

Virgo Fine

Back to top Go down

Mouse treats Empty Re: Mouse treats

Post by Susieep Sun 26 Aug 2018, 2:53 pm

Things like pumpkin seeds are good! But in moderation Smile

Susieep

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Sun 26 Aug 2018, 3:00 pm

My mice personally were never really fans of fruits and vegetables.. or, they were very picky about the few they might have liked.
And also, if your mouse is still new and needing to adjust to his new home, then don't be surprised if he doesn't eat any treats you offer him at this point. :-)
But my mice and ASF rat and gerbil love(d) oats! They always seem to be a favorite of any rodent, and they're healthy... Well, I don't know if most popular brands of oats are very healthy anymore.... I've read that they have a fatal amount of weedkiller in them...fatal to humans!, so I would think it wouldn't be safe for the mice, either. Neutral

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 26 Aug 2018, 4:19 pm

These are treats that my mice seem to like, that yours might too!

- Popcorn: I haven't had any of this for a while, but when I did they loved it! I usually buy the corn cobs they sell for pets at the store and pop them, that way they are natural with no butter or other added stuff.
- Pumpkin seeds: They love these! Just be sure to get unsalted/unflavored seeds.
- This seed mixture: They love everything in this mixture! Can be bought at many pet stores.
- Oats: As Blessed said above, oats are a favorite of many mice!
- Chia, flax, and hemp seeds: My mice love all these seeds, they can be bought in most grocery stores for a decent price.

AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down