Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pink and swollen eye?

2 posters

Go down

pink and swollen eye? Empty pink and swollen eye?

Post by eloiserhiannon Tue 16 Oct 2018, 10:37 am

hi, sorry if i don’t understand the format and such properly i created this account as mouse has a red, raw and rather swollen eye, ive noticed she had this quite mildly before however it went away, and now ive noticed it looks very raw, there is another mouse in the cage who likes to assert her dominance a lot however its never been more than chasing and whenever it happens i put a stop to it, i wouldnt consider it to the point of separating them, but then I dont know what happens when im asleep, i’m unsure whether her eye is irritated or if its an injury. I use recyled paper specially made for bedding, and sometimes dust collects underneath. I made up some salty water for her eye (not too strong) and there doesnt seem to be a lot of improvement.

https://flic.kr/p/Nmyuax (image of her eye)

eloiserhiannon

Back to top Go down

pink and swollen eye? Empty Re: pink and swollen eye?

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Wed 17 Oct 2018, 5:05 pm

I've been thinking about what I would do if I had a mouse with an eye that looked like that, and I have decided that I would make an appointment with the mouse doctor.  The doctor can check for parasites, infection, other causes of inflammation, and any indications of related problems, and can prescribe a treatment program.  This should be much more effective and efficient at taking care of the problem, than remote guesswork and first aid and home remedy suggestions.  An eye irritation/infection can worsen quickly, and even spread, without proper treatment.

I sympathize with your mousie.  I have very irritated eyes myself these days, now that everybody has turned on their indoor heating, and all day and all night hot air is blowing in my face!

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down