Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I get new mice companion(s) for my lonely girl?

2 posters

Go down

Should I get new mice companion(s) for my lonely girl? Empty Should I get new mice companion(s) for my lonely girl?

Post by junebug Thu 22 Nov 2018, 3:24 pm

Hello pet mouse fanciers!

So, I have a problem. I've had two female mice from the same litter for about a year, and one of them just passed away. I know that mice are social creatures, so I don't want my remaining mouse to be sad and die of depression or anything. I've been trying to do research online about whether or not to get her new a cagemate(s), but I haven't been able to find a straight answer. Some people say in this situation the mouse should get a new friend, others say that new mice would only bug her. I am confused and want the best for my mouse, so if anybody has information or could help, it would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

junebug

Back to top Go down

Should I get new mice companion(s) for my lonely girl? Empty Re: Should I get new mice companion(s) for my lonely girl?

Post by chiroptera Sat 24 Nov 2018, 2:15 am

Hello, and welcome to PMF! @junebug

I would definitely try to introduce her to some new friends! Most of the time, introductions with female mice go well. I would suggest getting a pair of new mice, for two reasons: a) if she is older, she'll likely pass before a younger mouse, and you'll have the same issue, and b) trios often do better than duos when introduced, as one mouse is not being the source of any bullying.

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down