Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need foster mother mouse or rat

2 posters

Go down

need foster mother mouse or rat Empty need foster mother mouse or rat

Post by mousesean2001 Mon 28 Jan 2019, 6:19 pm

i need some help. i have four orphaned mice and i need a mouse mother (if need be, also her litter. i have room.) and ive been looking all over; please help me, please.

mousesean2001

Back to top Go down

need foster mother mouse or rat Empty Re: need foster mother mouse or rat

Post by mousesean2001 Mon 28 Jan 2019, 7:18 pm

please, please help. they're only "generally large jellybean" sized fuzzies

mousesean2001

Back to top Go down

Post by mousesean2001 Mon 28 Jan 2019, 10:03 pm

PLEASE? HELP ME.

mousesean2001

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:51 am

So sorry to hear you're going through this Sad I don't know if you can find a foster mother or if that's even safe to do. Are these wild babies that you found, or was the mother your pet? If the mother was your pet, when were the babies born?

The babies need to be kept warm, maybe you could put a heating pad or something under their cage? They will also need feeding regularly, I'm not sure how often but it could be up to 8 times a day depending on their age, including feedings in the night. You can feed them milk replacement for kittens with a syringe. They also need to be helped to go to the bathroom by rubbing their genitals with a damp q-tip.

Trying to save such tiny babies without their mother is incredibly difficult and it's unfortunately very common for them to die, even if you do everything right. Is there maybe an animal rescue that will take them?

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by mousesean2001 Tue 29 Jan 2019, 8:01 pm

@MouseLover i heard i can use a surrogate mother in a lot of things and im just frantic because i dont know what to do with them. i'm scared. i dont want them to die and i cant take care of them any longer on my own. i need an actual mother for them. i'll even SELL them to somebody im so tired im losing sleep over them i just cant do it any longer.

mousesean2001

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sat 02 Feb 2019, 4:47 am

@mousesean2001 you haven't answered any of the questions I asked about the mice.
Are the babies wild or domestic mice? Do you know how old they are? Because the older the babies are, the less likely the foster mouse would be to accept them. If they are wild mice you wouldn't want to put them with pet mice as you can't be sure what diseases they might be carrying.

Can you try and find an animal rescue or wildlife centre to take them? Because unfortunately, like any other baby, you will have sleepless nights if you're caring for them properly. Unfortunately it's what's required if you want to save them Sad

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down