Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Owner of 3 precious mice!

3 posters

Go down

Owner of 3 precious mice! Empty Owner of 3 precious mice!

Post by mousymom191 Wed 20 Feb 2019, 9:08 pm

Hi! I've been on the forum for a few months now so I feel that I should introduce myself and my mice Smile . First of all, my name is Lauren and I'm a sophomore in high school. Previous to my mice, I've had a guinea pig named Bella, a hamster named Malibu, and a gerbil named Chesnut. Now onto the mice! First, there's Peggy, the smallest of the three, she's black with an adorable pink nose and paws. Next, Eliza, she's white with black spots and is an amazing jumper (almost jumped right out of her cage once!). Lastly, there's Angelica, she's blonde and also the largest out of the 3.
Here are some pictures of them and their cage Smile :
Owner of 3 precious mice! Img_2011
Owner of 3 precious mice! Img_2012
Owner of 3 precious mice! Img_2010

mousymom191
Jr Member
Jr Member

Libra Sheepish

Back to top Go down

Owner of 3 precious mice! Empty Re: Owner of 3 precious mice!

Post by MouseLover Thu 21 Feb 2019, 7:11 am

Welcome! Wave Your cage is looking great! Nice and busy, and plenty to climb! Just how they like it Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by BookwyrmDEV Sat 02 Mar 2019, 3:08 pm

Hi Lauren,
How did you make the cage lid? We bought a used CritterTrail cage to start with but I love the space/accessability of your cage!
BookwyrmDEV
BookwyrmDEV

Caffeine Fix

https://dragonseyeview.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mousymom191 Sat 02 Mar 2019, 4:25 pm

BookwyrmDEV wrote:Hi Lauren,
How did you make the cage lid? We bought a used CritterTrail cage to start with but I love the space/accessability of your cage!
Hi! Smile Well if you're wondering specifically what bin I'm using (for size purposes), I got a 116 Qt Sterilite bin (including its lid) from Target and it cost around $20. Its dimensions are 30 x 16 x 13.5, so it has a total of around 480 sq inches of unbroken floor space, which is great for mice! For the lid, I bought chicken wire that had spacing small enough where the mice couldn't get out, but I could also hang things from it. Based on my measurements, the chicken wire I have has a spacing of a half inch. To actually create the lid, I used a heated exacto knife to cut out where the chicken wire would be covering. Then, I used a power drill to create uniform holes around the lid. Next, I cut the chicken wire to a size that's a bit bigger than the hole in the lid (so that you have something to fasten the lid to. Then I used zip ties to fasten the chicken wire to the lid (make sure they're tightened as much as possible!). This process sort of sounds like a lot but it actually doesn't take that long. I really hope this helped and let me know if you have any other questions or are confused about something. Have a good day Smile

mousymom191
Jr Member
Jr Member

Libra Sheepish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down