Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about mouse nutrition

3 posters

Go down

Questions about mouse nutrition  Empty Questions about mouse nutrition

Post by mousymom191 Sat 02 Mar 2019, 12:59 am

Hi!Smile I'm trying to figure out what food would be best for my 3-month-old girls. Currently, I'm feeding them, Kaytee "Fiesta rat and mouse mix"... which looks a bit fatty but I'm not sure. So, I'm basically wondering two things:
1) Is this food (in combination with fruit & veggies weekly) good for them?
2) If not, what's a brand of food (available in the US) that has a good balance of what a mouse needs?

mousymom191
Jr Member
Jr Member

Libra Sheepish

Back to top Go down

Questions about mouse nutrition  Empty Re: Questions about mouse nutrition

Post by mousyfriends876 Sun 01 Dec 2019, 11:06 pm

mousymom191 wrote:Hi!Smile  I'm trying to figure out what food would be best for my 3-month-old girls. Currently, I'm feeding them, Kaytee "Fiesta rat and mouse mix"... which looks a bit fatty but I'm not sure. So, I'm basically wondering two things:
1) Is this food (in combination with fruit & veggies weekly) good for them?
2) If not, what's a brand of food (available in the US) that has a good balance of what a mouse needs?

Kayee seems to have many bad opinions on their mouse food of what I know of. It does seem a little fatty. It has protein of 13.5%, 7% fat, and 10% fiber. From my research, the protein should be no more than 13%, fat 5-6%, and fiber more than 7% and 10% at max. Please correct me if I am wrong. From people on this forum, the Sunseed Sunscription Parakeet Food seems like a good option. Smile Cookie

mousyfriends876

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ Mon 02 Dec 2019, 10:33 am

The food also appears to be high in corn (a filler), sunflower seeds, and peanuts (potential allergens), so I definitely wouldn’t recommend it. Besides that, over all, Kaytee is a highly untrustworthy brand when it comes to food minus a few exceptions (mostly relating to hamsters).

As said above, Sunseed Vita Prima Parakeet is a good, seedy mix that is pretty much allergen free Smile

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down