Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here are my little black ladies

+9
MesaMouse
Artistwolf
MouseLover
AnonymousMouseOwner
River
CallaLily
Peachy
CinnamonPearl
CAPSLOCK
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Here are my little black ladies - Page 2 Empty Re: Here are my little black ladies

Post by CAPSLOCK Sat 02 Jul 2016, 11:50 am

Thank you. When I got them, I was surprised that their coats and condition are actually quite good, as they came from a not-so-good situation.

4 black lady-mice
CAPSLOCK
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Here are my little black ladies - Page 2 Empty Re: Here are my little black ladies

Post by Soren Sat 02 Jul 2016, 2:42 pm

Very beautiful mice! And wow you are a great photographer, I can't get good pics of my mice because they move too much. Congrats on the new members! they are cute!
Soren
Soren
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Brynne Sat 02 Jul 2016, 4:32 pm

They look very healthy!

Brynne
Sr Member
Sr Member

http://bit.ly/MyOldVHSTapes

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sat 02 Jul 2016, 5:12 pm

Awww they are pretty girls and nice shiny coats. Congratulations! I love your tank set up. My Mickey is in a 10 gallon, but I want to get him a 20 gallon long after next pay day. That way I can put more toys in for him.
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK Tue 12 Jul 2016, 9:24 pm

So, the update on the girls:

I can more or less tell them all apart... when I can see the ends of their tails. One has a lot of white on her tail, and also a little kink in it - Quinn. One has about 1/8" (like 2-3mm) of white on a tail tip - Meagan (she is the bravest explorer). One has the tiniest bit of white on her tail tip - Smidgen - and is also smaller and I believe younger. One has an all black tail - Nubbin.

Tonight I had 3 of the 4 out for short bits finally. Meagan was sleeping and refused to come out of the hammock, but has been the second bravest with regards to my hand in the tank - she has been wandering over it and curiously checking it out. Quinn will walk on my hand pretty regularly, so a starting few days ago she was coming out for a minute here and a minute there, and then I'd put her back. With my new (super cool!) tank design, I apparently inadvertently made it easier for them to be reclusive so no one was checking out my hand tonight. I got impatient and just waited for them to go into a TP tube and nabbed them out that way.

On me, Quinn is more interested in staying on my hands and arms, and isn't too keen on climbing up my shirt. Smidgen is the opposite of Quinn - nervous of my hands (even in the tank - she'll approach and sniff a little but is typically a bit flighty. Nubbin is nervous in the tank as well). However Smidge was more comfortable on my shirt and climbed all over. But then was quite timid for me to lift her to put her back. Nubbin was very nervous, she went back and forth in a paper towel tube sticking her head out each end probably 5 times before slowly coming out. She went up my front just a little, and then made her way back to the tube a few times so I let her end with that.

Smidgen, now that she was separate and up close, is definitely smaller and I believe younger than the others - I'd guess she is only about 3-4 months, as she has more "babyish" fur than the others plus the smaller size. I had thought that there was one that was smaller than the rest, but it is so hard to keep track of them when they are all running around, and half the time only one or two are up, and half the time (probably more) you don't actually see their tail tips. Plus it's harder to be sure in the tank.

Smidgen and Nubbin spend a lot of time snuggled in the fleece cube hammock together. The other two are most often the two that are out exploring, running on the wheel, climbing, etc. when I'm watching or having my hand in there. Quinn is a wicked wheel head.

4 black lady-mice
CAPSLOCK
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Wed 13 Jul 2016, 8:47 am

Sounds like things are going well Smile sounds like you're really getting to know them now!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbiefly Wed 13 Jul 2016, 11:54 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:Thank you, me too!  I need to work on naming them, but first goal is telling them apart...

Ah, I knew I had a cute shot of one in the hammock too.
Here are my little black ladies - Page 2 IMG_6797_zpsemgnz8bs

Oh my gosh, that is such a cute picture in the hammock! I love seeing all the different colored mice. The pet stores around me only have PEW's and I saw one brown and white one.
Barbiefly
Barbiefly

Zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2