Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At the end of mouse keeping....

2 posters

Go down

At the end of mouse keeping.... Empty At the end of mouse keeping....

Post by Robin~ Thu 06 Jun 2019, 11:49 am

Hello!

So, in about three years, I'll be heading off to college. My sister says she'll be happy to care for anyone who doesn't pass by the time I'm out, but I was just wondering how you would end with keeping mice.

Do you just give the last female lots of attention? Or is it better to surrender a sorority to a shelter? Or should I just stop considering mice if I have to stop?

Thank you for any advice Smile

~Robin
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

At the end of mouse keeping.... Empty Re: At the end of mouse keeping....

Post by CallaLily Thu 06 Jun 2019, 3:26 pm

You can give your last female tons of extra activities and attention -like you would a lone male- or you could look to rehome her to someone that you trust with younger gals to introduce her to.

I chose the first option myself with my last girl Eulyn. I would not surrender to a shelter unless I had absolutely no other choice.

How old are your girls now? In three years, it’s unlikely any would still be with you. Sadly most mice only live 1.5-2 years.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ Thu 06 Jun 2019, 3:52 pm

CallaLily wrote:You can give your last female tons of extra activities and attention -like you would a lone male- or you could look to rehome her to someone that you trust with younger gals to introduce her to.

I chose the first option myself with my last girl Eulyn. I would not surrender to a shelter unless I had absolutely no other choice.

How old are your girls now?  In three years, it’s unlikely any would still be with you. Sadly most mice only live 1.5-2 years.

That's what I was kinda thinking; treat em like a male. Thank you!

I don't have any mice currently; just thinking ahead Smile
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Thu 06 Jun 2019, 5:03 pm

Glad you’re thinking ahead! Have you considered getting a male mouse instead? Let’s Hear It For The Boys Very Happy

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ Thu 06 Jun 2019, 6:35 pm

CallaLily wrote:Glad you’re thinking ahead!  Have you considered getting a male mouse instead? Let’s Hear It For The Boys  Very Happy

I have, but I don't think I'd be able to spend that much time with him. That, and I'm kinda looking forward to keeping a social animal. I've had hamsters in the past (which are completely solitary), so I think I'd like to shake it up a bit Smile

Thanks for the article, though! I found it to be a pretty nice read. Who knows, maybe I'll get a 20g for a male down the line... Smile
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down