Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Myself | New To Mouse Keeping

3 posters

Go down

Introducing Myself | New To Mouse Keeping Empty Introducing Myself | New To Mouse Keeping

Post by ScooterJuice Mon 06 Dec 2021, 7:22 pm

Hey everyone, I've been browsing the forum for a few days now, and think it's about time to introduce myself. You can call me Scooter or Juice, I work in a pet store and plan on getting 3 female mice in the next year or so.

I've gotten pretty comfortable caring for and handling mice at my store - and I'm preparing to get some of my own (our mice don't have the best bloodlines / health as far as I know, so I plan on buying from a mousery).

For now I'll just show my current setup. I have a wooden hide on the way and plan on adding a bit more cardboard/wood clutter before getting any mice but here's what I have so far:
Introducing Myself | New To Mouse Keeping KKtfcMC
Introducing Myself | New To Mouse Keeping S99AkWi

The tank is a 40B I bought from a nearby rescue, I plan on using carefresh since I can get it relatively cheap from my work. I've also got bowls for food and water, and two water bottles so any future mice won't have to fight over them. The tank will be on a shelf with the mesh lid - I had it on the floor to clean it ^^".

Let me know if there's anything I'm missing so far or if you have any questions for me, I'm super excited to learn more and see your guys' animals Mouse

Gemini Pokemaster

Back to top Go down

Introducing Myself | New To Mouse Keeping Empty Re: Introducing Myself | New To Mouse Keeping

Post by Salvsop27 Mon 06 Dec 2021, 10:37 pm

Welcome! I’m pretty new to mouse keeping too, have had my girls for about 2 months. Your setup looks great! Love the tank size, I want to upgrade to a 40 gal or a detolf myself. One thing I would recommend though is more climbing toys. Most mice really love climbing toys. Just hang some hammocks or ropes from the lid and your mice will love it. Good luck, your future mice will be so lucky to have you.

Salvsop27
Jr Member
Jr Member

ScooterJuice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Introducing Myself | New To Mouse Keeping Empty Re: Introducing Myself | New To Mouse Keeping

Post by scooter :D Wed 08 Dec 2021, 1:52 pm

yo my name is scooter !! we're matching ! i'm sure your future mice will really appreciate you, i like that you have doubles of everything so no one will get too territorial !! one thing i reccomend is eventually not using food bowls and scatter feeding instead for enrichment, but this isnt required. happy holidays & have a nice day !
scooter :D
scooter :D
Jr Member
Jr Member

Sluggish

ScooterJuice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down