Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would this hamster safe plants list apply to mice?

2 posters

Go down

Would this hamster safe plants list apply to mice? Empty Would this hamster safe plants list apply to mice?

Post by Robin~ Fri 19 Jul 2019, 7:26 pm

I've been trying to search for an answer to this but all the lists I find either don't list a whole lot or just list veggies.

So, is there anything on this list that catches your eye to not be mouse friendly?

http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/topic/63232-hamster-safe-plants/

If anything, is cornflower safe? I have a good amount growing in my dad's garden and wanted to see if the girls like it, but I just wanted to be safe before throwing it in.

Thanks for any advice!

~Robin
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Would this hamster safe plants list apply to mice? Empty Re: Would this hamster safe plants list apply to mice?

Post by CallaLily Sat 20 Jul 2019, 1:19 pm

I think that other rodent safe lists can generally crossover for mice. So yes, I believe that list for hamsters would be safe for our mice as well.

A note on mint: you may find it listed as a no-no for mice on many sites but I believe this is from people confusing the safety of whole fresh or dried mint with the much much more concentrated essential oil. Fresh or dried mint leaves are safe. The essential oil is not. My mice always loved when I offered dried mint leaves and stems. Smile

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down