Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your interests outside of the mouse community?

+8
stephlisa
CAPSLOCK
AnonONIagent
MouseLover
Rodents rock!
CinnamonPearl
Bandit Cat
pumpkinmouse
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What are your interests outside of the mouse community? Empty What are your interests outside of the mouse community?

Post by pumpkinmouse Mon 04 Jul 2016, 3:12 am

I really like that the Member's Lounge is not private / seemingly pretty active on this forum versus thefunmouse, lol.

I apologize if this topic has been posted prior (I may have missed it :c) I guess I've always wondered this.. but what does everyone do outside of parenting their mice?
Do you have any other pets? Are you a student? What kind of music do you like? Do you have any unique hobbies? Talents? Things that you're really passionate about? Basically, who are you outside of the forum? Tell me anything! Confused

Personally - I'm a little bit of an oddball. I grew up addicted to antiquities & oddities - anything old, misunderstood or unusual is interesting to me. I spend the majority of my time exploring & photographing abandoned buildings, ghost towns & cemeteries. I'm an avid antique hunter. I'm also what the internet has lovingly coined 'a vulture' - albeit I'm not sure detail is appropriate for the forum, so just consider me a collector & processor of bones & specimens. I do have a blog for this if there's any likeminded people on here (one can hope!)
Outside of the 'strangeness' I write & draw, I danced for 8ish years, & I listen to metal. I'm working towards a mortgage, a motorcycle license, & a career in pharmaceuticals. Other than that, my life is just full of stinky little mice Laughing

Some of you guys have really helped me & have been an amazing support system through the trials & tribulations of rodent ownership, lol. Therefore I greatly appreciate you, & would love to learn something about you!

Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Elated

Back to top Go down

What are your interests outside of the mouse community? Empty Re: What are your interests outside of the mouse community?

Post by Bandit Cat Mon 04 Jul 2016, 8:03 am

My pets demand that they are what will take up my time! Smile
Bandit is the most sweetest, most aggressive cat you'll ever find. The gerbils, Gingersnap and Yahtzee, are inseparable. While the gerbil Mouse is a strict loner. Cotton is a scaredy cat mouse! The hamsters, Biscuit and Cinnamon, are only in it for the treats. The 6 bettas all have their own personalities, and so do the fish in the 60 gallon.
Oops! just realized, this was suppose to be a post about me! Smile
Let's see, I'm very shy, but willing to stand up in what I believe in. I'm also very loyal, and I know what's right, and I'll break a rule or two to do it (if I have to, still shy!) I love math and science, I've never really been into sports though. I play saxophone, piano, and guitar.

Pets: Bandit (cat), Yahtzee, Peanut, and Gingersnap (gerbils), Cotton (mouse), Calypso and Merlin (bettas), my 60 gallon fish tank, discus tank, shrimp tank, guppy tank and a new bearded dragon called Simber!
Bandit Cat
Bandit Cat

Daring

Back to top Go down

What are your interests outside of the mouse community? Empty Re: What are your interests outside of the mouse community?

Post by CinnamonPearl Mon 04 Jul 2016, 8:17 am

I agree Pumpkinmouse! The old forum was much more known, so keeping it private was important, but I like how busy off-topic is here.

For me, I'm very into writing and video games. I'm currently writing a fiction children's book about another world and lots of dragons. It gets very complicated so I won't get into it two much, but I finally reached the second arc after a year of writing Very Happy! I'm hoping to publish it someday; I've been writing for seven years and it's my best work yet.

I also loooooooove video games. I even watch video game news videos, that's how much I love them. Indie gaming is the best, so I mainly stick to PC, but I also have a Wii U to play Zelda. (Excited for Breath of the Wild, anyone?) I'm currently playing through Pokemon: Blue Rescue Team, the predecessor of my favorite game of all time. 

And lastly, I'm really into Undertale fancomics right now. I'm very involved in the fandom, though I'm taking a step back now that it's been quite a while. I even support three artists of the comics I like on patreon! So that's been fun. 

I don't know, that's what I've been up to lately. I have more scattered interests, but those are what I'm focusing on as of now. But really, my main focus right now is mice!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:12 am

I'm mostly into taking care of my pets. I have a Puggle named Myda, two inseparable gerbils named Pip and Pup, a mouse named Mickey, and a beta named Fishy.

I love plants and gardening, although I'm currently in an apartment so can't garden right now but I have lots of house plants here and lots of plants in my office at work. My favorite plants are succulents, but I love all plants.

I also enjoy doing lots of different crafts. Lately I've been making animals out of sea shells, its fun. I've made a couple of owls, I will attach a photo to share.

I'm into decorating and recently redid my bedroom to have a beach theme. I really love how it turned out.

I'm really enjoying getting to know all of you and it's so fun to be able to chat with people about our pets, my favorite subject!What are your interests outside of the mouse community? Win_2018
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Mon 04 Jul 2016, 10:48 am

Love you seashell owls Rodents rock!

CinnamonPearl I've been waiting for Breath of the Wild forever! I was watching this E3 like a hawk, I'm so excited! I am a huge Zelda nut, it's my favourite game series ever.

Pumpkinmouse your hobbies sound fascinating. I am drawn to a lot of the same things as you it sounds like. I have always been fascinated by animal skeletons, particularly skulls, and I've always wanted a collection of display skeletons or skulls of my favourite animals. I've found somewhere that sells mouse skulls and I've been thinking about somehow incorporating them into jewellery somehow (e.g. encased in resin or something). It sounds creepy to some people, but I am a nature lover and a lover of science so I just find it fascinating. I'd also love a fake dragon skeleton or skeletons of other mythical creatures, that would be awesome. I never knew there were "vultures" who collected bones though, that sounds so cool. If I ever had the money, I would LOVE to collect antique furniture and objects - particularly from the Victorian era, it's by far my favourite time period. I love gothic literature and by extension any movies or TV based around these themes (I loved Penny Dreadful for example, dunno if anyone here watched that?). I also love reading about/researching folklore, mythology and the occult. Anything strange and unusual. Lately I've been reading about Norse Mythology and how the Norse gods (Odin, Thor, etc) were worshipped in Britain before the coming of the Christian era. My music tastes are generally grunge, metal, alternative rock etc and when my favourite bands are touring I do enjoy going to concerts. I haven't seen a band in a while though - the last band I saw was Halestorm about a year ago.

And then I also happen to be a mad Disney nut, a lover of video games, I love crafting (jewellery making, needle felting, polymer clay, MES-making lol) and I'm obsessed with animals and everything cute.

Pets - the mice, one winter white dwarf hamster (Archie) and my parent's dog (Rosie). Temporarily living with my parents again until my boyfriend and I move in together. Then we hope to get a cocker spaniel Smile I'm not working right now (health issues) but I'm thinking about trying to sell some of my crafts online, and eventually I'd like to find a way to make a living by walking/looking after dogs. I have a degree in Psychology and used to work in mental health.

Whoa that was long... sorry Razz

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Mon 04 Jul 2016, 11:15 am

Warhammer 40,000. I am a massive 40k fan.

Warhammer 40,000 is a tabletop wargame, meaning it's a turn-based strategy game played on top of a large table with plastic miniatures and dice. I don't actually play the tabletop game much, as it's prohibitively expensive ($40 for a set of 1 inch tall plastic army dudes, $20 for one commander unit), but I love the rich lore it has. Just take a look at the standard intro blurb:

It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries The Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants - and worse.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.

Aside from that I do a lot of gaming on PC, and have my own custom rig I built:
What are your interests outside of the mouse community? Latest?cb=20160121184802

Specs are as follows:

• CPU — AMD FX-6300 Black Edition 6-core processor (overclocked to 4.3 GHz)
  • Cooler — Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
  • Motherboard — MSI 970 GAMING
  • RAM — 16 GB Kingston HyperX Fury Red DDR3-1866 (2x8GB)
  • 120GB Kingston HyperX Savage solid state drive (boot drive)
  • 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black 7,200 RPM mechanical hard drive
  • Video Card — Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 (MSI GAMING 4G)
  • Power Supply — EVGA Supernova G2 750W
  • Case — NZXT Source 530 ATX Full Tower
  • Operating System — Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
  • Monitor — ViewSonic VX2270Smh-LED 22-inch LED-backlit 1920x1080 60Hz IPS display
  • Mouse — Corsair M65 RGB 8,200 DPI wired laser mouse
  • Keyboard — Corsair STRAFE mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown keyswitches
  • Speakers — Built-in monitor speakers connected via audio over HDMI
  • Headset — Kingston HyperX Cloud gaming headset

I'll likely be upgrading to a GTX 1070 and either an Intel platform or AMD Zen platform later this year, as well as to a 1440p monitor.

Last edited by AnonONIagent on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK Mon 04 Jul 2016, 12:38 pm

I have worked at an animal shelter for the past 9 years, starting shortly after college. So that obviously takes up quite a chunk of time Wink. I live with a roommate, who was also my college roommate, so we get along well and are used to each other's quirks.

Otherwise, I like video games, reading, and TV, especially "competition" shows like Survivor, Top Chef, Ink Master, etc.

In addition to my 4 new mice, I've got a 75g saltwater aquarium, and a 10g planted aquarium. My roommate's dog is Noah. I'm currently looking for my own canine companion as well, just waiting for the right match to come along. We also have a vivarium which is going to house some dart frogs.

SW aquarium:
What are your interests outside of the mouse community? IMG_5915_zpsfmrw7uq9

Planted aquarium:
What are your interests outside of the mouse community? IMG_6763_zpsv6b0whx7

4 black lady-mice
CAPSLOCK
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK Mon 04 Jul 2016, 12:40 pm

Lucy, the clownfish making herself the center of attention in the photo, has been with me for about 11 years - I got her while I was in college, and she's been in 4 different tanks as my life evolved.

4 black lady-mice
CAPSLOCK
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa Mon 04 Jul 2016, 1:06 pm

What a nice topic to get to know people - we have such a diverse group of people, its lovely!

Me...well...I'm a housewife (or homemaker or whatever the correct term is nowadays!) so I generally do a lot of the work in the house and garden during the day. We got a new house about 6 months ago and we're totally transforming the garden from basically lawns with a few fruit trees and a veg patch to less lawn, extended veg patch and herb garden. The front garden we're hoping to turn into your typical english cottage garden - fruit bushes, a few herbs, flowers everywhere! It'll be a work in progress for many years to come, but that's the joy of it.

My interests are many and varied...I love nature photography and volunteering with the Wildlife Trust and regularly blog about these things. I knit/crochet/sew/craft/stick things together and hope it works/make soap...generally lots of crafty things...! I'm also a musician (which gets me a little income). I play with a couple of bands for ceilidhs (think barn dance, but with english/scottish music and dances). I'm also Squire (president, chief, figurehead, boss...many names) of a Morris dance side.

Little Colin is my only pet (fiances don't really count sadly) - although I'd really love a dwarf hamster as well but that probably won't happen for a few years.

Mmm, yeah, thats me...briefly!

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Mon 04 Jul 2016, 1:08 pm

I love your tanks, Capslock! Lucy is quite a lovely specimen.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 04 Jul 2016, 4:15 pm

Oh gosh. I always sound so boring in these things. Laughing

I stay at home taking care of kids, pets, and house. These do take up quite a bit of my time. In my free time I......well I mostly check in here. Laughing But I also like to read, catch up on some tv, and I do occasionally play video games.  Of course we try to get out as a family - nature trails, the beach, camping, the zoo, etc.  You can see some pictures from those types of trips on my instagram account. Nothing special, just shots with my phone that I like to take and share - all mixed in with a bunch of pet photos.

I'm currently reading the Game of Thrones books. My husband wouldn't shut up about it so now I'm on the third one. Video games I'm playing atm are Animal Crossing New Leaf (again), Pokemon Omega Ruby (though I'm not enjoying it as much as Pokemon X, which is the first pokemon game I've ever played), and don't laugh, GTA5.  I've always rolled my eyes at those games but I'm actually having fun playing.  I did pick up a game today that I believe Cinna raved about. Ori and the Blind Forest. It sounded interesting and the photos shared looked beautiful, so when I saw a used copy up for sale today I grabbed it.  Hopefully I'll have the time to try it out soon.

Pets. We have 4 dogs which you can see in the other thread. 4 cats, which I believe I've talked about all of them in the kitten thread - because yes we also have 5 kittens. Hopefully we'll be able to find good homes for all but the one we've planned on  keeping.  Two lined up with maybe homes now. A leopard gecko, which is technically my youngest son's.  Hermit crabs and the mice - solely mine.  A corn snake and a pond with goldfish - which are solely under my husband's care.

So yeah. I guess that's it.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Mon 04 Jul 2016, 4:25 pm

YOU'RE PLAYING ORI??? I love that game! You're gonna love it, trust me. It's phenomenal! A masterpiece. (Okay maybe I shouldn't build it up too much.) But seriously, it's really great. Did you get the vanilla or the definitive edition? Tell me when you start it!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Mon 04 Jul 2016, 4:52 pm

Wow, this is all really interesting!
I love doing crafty stuff like sewing and sometimes knitting (as you all probably know by now). I also love drawing and painting, but recently I've list a lot of my motivation/drive... No idea why.
I'm slightly (okay, VERY) obsessed with the TV show Downton Abbey, and I also like watching The Great British Baking Show, Doc Martin, Supergirl, The Amazing Race, and Survivor. Luckily they're not often all on at the same time Laughing
I can often be a bit childish in some ways—I still love stuffed animals and taking photos of my American Girl Dolls with my sister and stuff. I'm not as obsessed with AG as my sister, though. I don't see anything wrong with it Wink
Ummm so yeah! That's me. Pretty boring.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Mon 04 Jul 2016, 4:54 pm

I love Ori and the Blind forest, I think aesthetically it's the most beautiful game I've ever played Love I loved the music too.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 04 Jul 2016, 5:59 pm

CinnamonPearl wrote:YOU'RE PLAYING ORI??? I love that game! You're gonna love it, trust me. It's phenomenal! A masterpiece. (Okay maybe I shouldn't build it up too much.) But seriously, it's really great. Did you get the vanilla or the definitive edition? Tell me when you start it!

Definitive. I will let you know when I start. I'm hoping I'll be able to tomorrow but we'll see what it brings.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next