Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your interests outside of the mouse community?

+8
stephlisa
CAPSLOCK
AnonONIagent
MouseLover
Rodents rock!
CinnamonPearl
Bandit Cat
pumpkinmouse
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What are your interests outside of the mouse community? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your interests outside of the mouse community?

Post by CinnamonPearl Mon 04 Jul 2016, 7:21 pm

CallaLily wrote:Definitive. I will let you know when I start. I'm hoping I'll be able to tomorrow but we'll see what it brings. 

Ooh, the definitive edition is pretty awesome. Black Root Burrows is my favorite area. I still hold that it should've been DLC, but I still love it. Let me know what you think! 

I agree Mouselover. Ori is my second favorite game after Pokemon: Explorers of Sky, and it's the most visually beautiful game I've ever played. Audio is fantastic too, both in soundtrack and sound effects. The visuals are stunning, and the gameplay is extremely smooth and quick. It's also one of the more emotional games I've played, though I had a lot of the story spoiled for me, so I didn't get the full experience.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

What are your interests outside of the mouse community? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your interests outside of the mouse community?

Post by Brynne Mon 04 Jul 2016, 7:29 pm

See this thread too, Pumpkinmouse:
https://petmousefanciers.forumotion.com/t276-5-things-about-you#

It has some more info about our non-mouse lives.

Brynne
Sr Member
Sr Member

http://bit.ly/MyOldVHSTapes

Back to top Go down

Post by River Mon 04 Jul 2016, 8:05 pm

Huh. I like music - I play piano  and guitar. I write a bit, I guess. Mostly fan fiction, which is actually  tad embarrassing but...I occasionally do more original work, though less often.
I like Marvel - particularly iron man - and I'm a massive stevetony shipper, hence the reason civil war is already the bane of my existence.
YouTube is nice - I'm less into it than I used to be, but I still keep up with a few YouTubers.
I somewhat enjoy art. Somewhat.

When I was younger, I wanted to be a zoologist, so I love all animals - clearly - of course, my wishes have changed since. I'm now looking into communication colleges to be an interpreter for the deaf and hard of hearing. I taught myself ASL when I was about nine years old. No idea why I did it - I guess I thought it was cool.  I ended up taking a class on it because I couldn't pin the grammar part of it all.

I like travelling. Mountains are particularly interesting to me, seeing as we don't have any in Florida.

I like kids, as well. Of course, I'm far too young to have any - plus, I'd have to adopt, and I know very little about the adoption process. Kids are adorable though!

I also enjoy psychology.

I guess that's it?? I don't know, really.

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 04 Jul 2016, 8:09 pm

Artistwolf wrote:Wow, this is all really interesting!
I love doing crafty stuff like sewing and sometimes knitting (as you all probably know by now). I also love drawing and painting, but recently I've list a lot of my motivation/drive... No idea why.
I'm slightly (okay, VERY) obsessed with the TV show Downton Abbey, and I also like watching The Great British Baking Show, Doc Martin, Supergirl, The Amazing Race, and Survivor. Luckily they're not often all on at the same time Laughing
I can often be a bit childish in some ways—I still love stuffed animals and taking photos of my American Girl Dolls with my sister and stuff. I'm not as obsessed with AG as my sister, though. I don't see anything wrong with it Wink
Ummm so yeah! That's me. Pretty boring.

I love, love, love Doc Martin!!!!!
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Mon 04 Jul 2016, 8:45 pm

Yay!! It's so rare to find more Doc Martin fans!! I love it too!!! We're actually going to Port Wenn (which is actually Port Isaac) on our trip to England in a few weeks. (EEEE!!!!!)

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pumpkinmouse Mon 04 Jul 2016, 10:21 pm

It's been incredibly fun to read all of these! Ear wiggle
I'd love to respond to all of your posts individually but it would actually take me forever, lol. Super cool how diverse of a community we have here!

Rodents rock! wrote:I also enjoy doing lots of different crafts. Lately I've been making animals out of sea shells, its fun. I've made a couple of owls, I will attach a photo to share.
I am obsessed with your owls - they're beautiful! Do you sell them anywhere? They would make a gorgeous addition to a crystal/shell shelf c:

MouseLover wrote:Pumpkinmouse your hobbies sound fascinating. I am drawn to a lot of the same things as you it sounds like. I have always been fascinated by animal skeletons, particularly skulls, and I've always wanted a collection of display skeletons or skulls of my favourite animals. I've found somewhere that sells mouse skulls and I've been thinking about somehow incorporating them into jewellery somehow (e.g. encased in resin or something). It sounds creepy to some people, but I am a nature lover and a lover of science so I just find it fascinating. I'd also love a fake dragon skeleton or skeletons of other mythical creatures, that would be awesome. I never knew there were "vultures" who collected bones though, that sounds so cool. If I ever had the money, I would LOVE to collect antique furniture and objects - particularly from the Victorian era, it's by far my favourite time period. I love gothic literature and by extension any movies or TV based around these themes (I loved Penny Dreadful for example, dunno if anyone here watched that?). I also love reading about/researching folklore, mythology and the occult. Anything strange and unusual. Lately I've been reading about Norse Mythology and how the Norse gods (Odin, Thor, etc) were worshipped in Britain before the coming of the Christian era. My music tastes are generally grunge, metal, alternative rock etc and when my favourite bands are touring I do enjoy going to concerts. I haven't seen a band in a while though - the last band I saw was Halestorm about a year ago.
We really do have some similarities! You should definitely work with the mouse skulls - they are awesome collection pieces. I'm really no good at jewelry, but articulated & diaphonized mice will always be a part of my personal collection c: If you have an eye for post mortem art, by all means go for it! I would be more than happy to be the first owner of one of your pieces if you ever decided to put them on Etsy, or somewhere similar.
I'll be creating a line of wet preserved mice in the next couple weeks (ethically sourced, not my own) which people most definitely find creepy, but I'm grateful for the ones who can easily see the beauty & purpose of animals in all stages of existence like I do.
I'm with you on the antique spectrum - I'm really interested in country primitives for furniture / home decor, but Victorian era objects make up the bulk of my collection. Do you have particular items you like or just anything visually appealing? I have a thing for musical powder boxes, mirrors, bat brooches, & coffin plaques. All Victorian. I try to stick to certain themes (namely my favorites) or it's easy to find myself going overboard, lol.
The occult is definitely something I forgot to mention in my initial post. That's a whole other can of worms that I'd have to type out though, lol. I do celebrate Celtic holidays & wholeheartedly am interested in moon phases & cycles, albeit I'm not a believer of magic or witchcraft. Just some interesting practices & reads.

Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Elated

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Mon 04 Jul 2016, 10:48 pm

Rodents rock! wrote:I also enjoy doing lots of different crafts. Lately I've been making animals out of sea shells, its fun. I've made a couple of owls, I will attach a photo to share.
I am obsessed with your owls - they're beautiful! Do you sell them anywhere? They would make a gorgeous addition to a crystal/shell shelf c:

Thank you so much! I don't currently sell any of my crafts, I just make them for fun and sometimes give them as gifts. Lot's of people tell me I should sell my crafts, but I prefer to just do them when I'm in the mood and feeling inspired. If I had to make an inventory of crafts to sell, I think it would take away the pleasure I get from creating things.  I'm so glad you like them, that is a very nice compliment. Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 05 Jul 2016, 9:25 am

CinnamonPearl wrote:
Ooh, the definitive edition is pretty awesome. Black Root Burrows is my favorite area. I still hold that it should've been DLC, but I still love it. Let me know what you think! 

I ended up staying up a bit longer last night to start. So far I am really liking it. I've lost count how many times I've died. Laughing The intro had me teary eyed and my youngest son who was watching me play was making what I call his "sad Snoopy" noises. He woke up this morning and asked to start his own profile. I could see this game easily becoming a favorite.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 05 Jul 2016, 9:27 am

Saddest first eight minutes in gaming. Also, there's a death counter on the pause menu. You know a game's gonna be real fun if it has a death counter, haha!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 05 Jul 2016, 9:32 am

Ooh. I'll have to look and see where I'm at.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 12 Jul 2016, 1:29 pm

CinnamonPearl wrote:

Just wanted to thank you for posting about this game. I'm not sure I said that yet and I'm not sure I would have ever picked it up if you hadn't shared.  So thank you!  It's fun and super frustrating but mostly fun. Laughing  I love Gumo. He's so cute. And I think the Forlorn Ruins is my favorite area so far. Currently I'm at Sorrow Pass. I had to stop and take a break. Sometimes it's easier to walk away for a while and come back and try again later.

Maybe I'm a weirdo but I've been adding some of the ancestral tree spirit thingy names to my mouse name list and I've also added Gumo.  Giddy

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 12 Jul 2016, 1:39 pm

I'm glad you're loving it! Forlorn Ruins is great, but I found it the most frustrating area. I could not wrap my head around those gravity puzzles, and I found its escape sequence the hardest (though now I find it the easiest after five playthroughs). I love Sorrow Pass too. It has one of my favorite tracks in the game. Have you been to Black Root Burrows yet? It's easy to miss since it's an optional area, but the abilities it gives are really handy for escapes.

I love the ancestral tree spirits. I always think about what they were like. My favorites are Tatsu and Leru.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Tue 12 Jul 2016, 2:24 pm

Oh my gosh that escape sequence took me ages Laughing yikes! I am now tempted to play through again, hmmm... such a lovely game Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Tue 12 Jul 2016, 3:10 pm

Yes, I have been there. I do need to go back and complete a few of the areas because they're only like 80-something % complete.

The gravity puzzles are neat, though it took me quite a few tries. I thought escaping the Ginso tree was harder. It took me a bit to get the hang of the bash skill. I'm still not very great at it.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Tue 12 Jul 2016, 6:55 pm

Bash is the most unique ability to come out of that game. I absolutely love it! It's by far the most handy, along with dash once you get air dash on the abilitree. 

Most people say Ginso escape is the hardest because it has the most consistent timer. In the Ginso escape, you're timed continuously throughout the course, meanwhile in the Ruins escape and the last one (trying to avoid spoilers for Calla), you're timed in segments. The Ruins escape definitely has the most lenient timer, but I struggled immensely with it because I only had three life orbs during it in my first playthrough, and the maneuvers were harder for me. The last one is very tough though because even though you're timed in segments, it's very easy to misstep and get killed, and the maneuvers are a lot harder. 

I'm probably gonna play it again soon, too! I really wanna do Black Root Burrows again. It's my favorite area along with the Ginso Tree and Sunken Glades.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next