Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Cinnamon Safe?

5 posters

Go down

Is Cinnamon Safe? Empty Is Cinnamon Safe?

Post by libbylovesmice Mon 04 Jul 2016, 3:59 pm

Hello! Sorry I haven't been to active, I went up to the mountains and there was no wifi! Anyways, we have these apple cinnamon Gerber puffs. that I would love to give my gerbils. Is cinnamon even safe for gerbils/mice? Sorry if this in the wrong category!

libbylovesmice

Gemini Elated

Back to top Go down

Is Cinnamon Safe? Empty Re: Is Cinnamon Safe?

Post by CinnamonPearl Mon 04 Jul 2016, 4:28 pm

Maybe a mod should move this to the nutrition section? It's not really off topic.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Mon 04 Jul 2016, 4:49 pm

Mountains sounds nice Smile I'm not sure but I think cinnamon's quite spicy for little critters, so I probably wouldn't chance it.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent Mon 04 Jul 2016, 6:00 pm

MouseLover wrote:Mountains sounds nice Smile I'm not sure but I think cinnamon's quite spicy for little critters, so I probably wouldn't chance it.

Yeah, remember that stupid "cinnamon challenge" that went around the internet (mostly YouTube) a while back, where people would take a mouthful of cinnamon and try to swallow it all? Now with how small mice are, just a pinch of cinnamon to us is a mouthful to them. I imagine it would be a bad idea to give mice straight cinnamon or cinnamon/sugar.

Now if the cinnamon is baked into something like those gerber bites, I imagine it would probably be fine.
AnonONIagent
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Mon 04 Jul 2016, 7:13 pm

The OP was asking if this was okay to give to her gerbils, so members lounge is the appropriate area for this question.

It *might be okay in gerber puffs but there are so many other flavors they like, I would just get one of those instead. But since you already have the apple cinnamon, try smelling them and tasting them, and if the cinnamon is prominent- I would say no. I know cinnamon is safe for mice in small amounts but it really is too strong for them. I imagine the same holds true for gerbils but I can't say for sure.

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Mon 04 Jul 2016, 7:14 pm

Oh! Sorry, I must've misread the question.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down