Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second time may be a charm

2 posters

Go down

Second time may be a charm Empty Second time may be a charm

Post by Babayaga Tue 17 Mar 2020, 1:44 pm

Hello again,
So if you read my last post I had an aggressive girl going after new tank mates. Well as i feared would happen the mice figured out how to get to the other side of the detolf (luckily I’m home on quarantine so I was able to catch this happening. Goose was fighting a new mouse this time but I noticed my original aggressor (Baba Yaga) was just chill and walking around so I decided it was fate to try again. I hurried the neutral tank over and moved everyone in. This time... it was fine. No one fought they fell asleep together. After a couple hours I scrubbed down every toy and the cage then put everyone and everything in. Baba Yaga did get defensive over the silent spinner wheel so I removed it for now. They still have a saucer wheel. I’ll put it back in eventually but I’m really hoping this works out. I’m still very nervous. Wish us luck and good vibes! I’m going to spend this quarantine watching over the situation.

Babayaga

Back to top Go down

Second time may be a charm Empty Re: Second time may be a charm

Post by Babayaga Tue 17 Mar 2020, 6:38 pm

Welp,
Baba Yaga is in the 20 gal now. She started again where she chases them down and attacks them. She won’t let them eat or go into any hides. She doesn’t seem to mind sleeping with them in the hay. So I just removed her. I think I’m going to leave her in time out for a Long while and try again. I really want it to work for all of them but she is just not letting up.

Babayaga

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Thu 19 Mar 2020, 4:31 am

@Babayaga try leaving her in mousie jail for a week or so, and see if she's more friendly to her friends after that. sometimes, they really learn to appreciate having friends after they've been alone for a while Razz

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Babayaga Thu 19 Mar 2020, 1:15 pm

Thank you for the reply!
I reintroduced her last night and she has calmed down she still wants to chase them but not as crazy. Another mouse is stepping up now. No one has drawn any blood this time so I’m trying to let them figure it out. I took all the cool stuff out of the tank. The old girls still wanting to chase the new ones but they haven’t injured them. Everyone is still getting to food and water due to the size of the tank. I feel bad for them still. Will they eventually stop chasing or is this a sign that it’s not meant to be.

Babayaga

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Tue 24 Mar 2020, 1:27 am

@Babayaga They should calm down once they're all used to each other. There may still be occasional squabbles and chases, but it shouldn't be as frequent. If everyone can eat/drink, and no one is drawing blood anymore, you should be okay to leave them be.

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Babayaga Tue 24 Mar 2020, 5:48 pm

Thank you for the encouragement. I heard loud squeaking a couple days ago and another new one Nessie’s tail was bleeding and she had a little pin prick size hole in her ear (which doesn’t necessarily look like it came from fighting) so the new girls are living in the 20 gal. I was really hoping that everyone would work in the detolf but I’m giving up for now. Maybe in a couple months I’ll try again but for the last couple days everything has been at peace and I prefer that. It lets me focus on making both cages cool at least. Thank you for the replies!!!

Babayaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down