Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this normal?

2 posters

Go down

Is this normal? Empty Is this normal?

Post by Becdea Tue 24 Mar 2020, 10:31 pm

Ok, I am stumped. I just wonder if this is normal female mouse behavior? We got our 2 female lovelies in September 2019. One is white with brown spots the other was white with black spots. The black & white one passed on Jan. 26, 2020. The brown& white one is still going strong and is surprisingly pretty big. She doesn’t do good at all in the same tank as other mice (we have 2 other female pews) beside her bff that passed. She actually enjoys being alone. Is that normal? When we clean the 2 tanks out they all play together in a neutral space. But I have talk to 2 breeders and they said they are surprised by that she likes being alone, that she is still alive, and that she is as big as she is. And also that she is super friendly. Just picking other folks brains about this is all.

Becdea

Back to top Go down

Is this normal? Empty Re: Is this normal?

Post by Robin~ Wed 25 Mar 2020, 8:29 am

I’m surprised the breeders were surprised she made it to 6 months...even most pet shop mice make it that far (excluding some like the one you lost—RIP).

Even if she doesn’t appear to enjoy their company, if she gets along well enough that she doesn’t attack them (drawing blood) I would put them in the same cage. She might still be a bit upset over her friend passing but hopefully she can spark up a new relationship with the other two girls given more time together.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down