Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is my mouse over grooming?

2 posters

Go down

Is my mouse over grooming?  Empty Is my mouse over grooming?

Post by ArnoldTheMouse Sun 17 May 2020, 2:09 am

Hello, I am new here and I’m not completely sure how to use this site yet, but I hope I am posting this in the right place. I have a male mouse named Arnold, he is about 3 months old. He lives in a 20 gal tank with a screen top, he has a wheel and lots of toys to play with and things to climb on. I noticed that he seems to be grooming himself pretty often. I know that excessive grooming is a thing, but what is considered excessive? How often do they normally groom themselves?
ArnoldTheMouse
ArnoldTheMouse

Back to top Go down

Is my mouse over grooming?  Empty Re: Is my mouse over grooming?

Post by Robin~ Sun 17 May 2020, 8:57 am

Hello!

Overgrooming is considered to be a problem when the skin becomes irritated or fur loss occurs. But, really, he's likely just grooming regularly--mice are very clean animals and love grooming themselves, and if he's a new mouse grooming is a good coping strategy for stress. Smile

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by ArnoldTheMouse Sun 17 May 2020, 7:55 pm

Robin~ wrote:Hello!

Overgrooming is considered to be a problem when the skin becomes irritated or fur loss occurs. But, really, he's likely just grooming regularly--mice are very clean animals and love grooming themselves, and if he's a new mouse grooming is a good coping strategy for stress. Smile

Thank you Smile He isn’t new, but I did just move him to a different corner of my room and the weather is starting to get warmer. Hopefully he’s not too stressed. His fur seems fine. But thanks again.
ArnoldTheMouse
ArnoldTheMouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down