Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which food is better?

4 posters

Go down

Which food is better? Empty Which food is better?

Post by tkstefan Wed 03 Jun 2020, 8:00 pm

Hi everybody! I'm new to mice and I'm looking for a good food. Right now I'm looking at the following two. Could somebody tell me which one is superior and why? I'm not sure what I'm looking at here.

https://vitakraftsunseed.com/vitakraft/products/vitakraft-vitanature-rat-mouse-food

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z76BPF4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Thank you so much!!

tkstefan
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Which food is better? Empty Re: Which food is better?

Post by Robin~ Wed 03 Jun 2020, 8:37 pm

Hello!

I did a break down of Vita Prima Dwarf Hamster in this Mouse Food Dissection article. I rated it as alright--it's pretty pellet heavy but has a decent amount of variety. There are some other options in that article I strongly suggest checking out.

As for the VitaNature food, I added it to the article above upon you mentioning it. I ended up placing it under unrecommended due to a lack of smaller seeds and its reliance on pellets.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by tkstefan Wed 03 Jun 2020, 9:07 pm

Wow thank you this is amazing!!

tkstefan
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dancincat417 Sun 21 Jun 2020, 10:37 pm

Hi, so I looked at the break down of foods you did. Do you know if the foods you mentioned, Rodipet or Mixerama, are available to the US?

Also, as far as the lab blocks right now, if my mice are 3 months old, is the Oxbow Regal rat still the best for them?

dancincat417

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ Mon 22 Jun 2020, 8:41 am

dancincat417 wrote:Hi, so I looked at the break down of foods you did.  Do you know if the foods you mentioned, Rodipet or Mixerama, are available to the US?

Also, as far as the lab blocks right now, if my mice are 3 months old, is the Oxbow Regal rat still the best for them?

I don't believe Rodipet or Mixerama ship to the States; I'm pretty sure they ship solely within Europe. Sad

From my experience, yes, Oxbow Adult (Regal) Rat is definitely the best in terms of lab blocks. Most other blocks fall into the trap of being too high in protein to be mixed easily.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera Tue 23 Jun 2020, 10:37 pm

Science Selective Rat is also a great lab block - personally I prefer it to Oxbow, as the protein is lower and my mice for whatever reason seem to like it better.

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.  Love
chiroptera
chiroptera

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum