Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is this bedding safe

2 posters

Go down

is this bedding safe Empty is this bedding safe

Post by Pet.crazy101 Sat 08 Aug 2020, 2:20 am

I have been looking for a new bedding as i personally have been having an issues with aspen but my Mice have no problem with it and i am not a fan of paper bedding and they are very pricey and they start to smell really fast, so i am looking for a new Bedding to use.

any suggestions would be great but i have been complicating use this "bedding"  i already have on hand but i want to make sure is safe first and i can't seem to find the answers i am looking for anywhere
here is a link to said bedding
link
Pet.crazy101
Pet.crazy101

Back to top Go down

is this bedding safe Empty Re: is this bedding safe

Post by Robin~ Sun 09 Aug 2020, 9:01 pm

That bedding would likely be safe, but not exactly ideal. It's just pellets, so your mice can't burrow in it whatsoever. You could probably mix it with another bedding or use it in a portion of the cage but I wouldn't use it by itself.

What issues have you been having with aspen? Smile

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Pet.crazy101 Sun 09 Aug 2020, 10:45 pm

Robin~ wrote:That bedding would likely be safe, but not exactly ideal. It's just pellets, so your mice can't burrow in it whatsoever. You could probably mix it with another bedding or use it in a portion of the cage but I wouldn't use it by itself.

thank you and i give my girls a Burrowing Area in the cage using eco earth that they love to play in and as for my problem with aspen it seems i have developed a slight allergy so it makes me sneeze and my hands get kind of itchy and red, (its not mite nor dust as my girls have no problem with it)
Pet.crazy101
Pet.crazy101

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ Mon 10 Aug 2020, 10:04 am

Pet.crazy101 wrote:
Robin~ wrote:That bedding would likely be safe, but not exactly ideal. It's just pellets, so your mice can't burrow in it whatsoever. You could probably mix it with another bedding or use it in a portion of the cage but I wouldn't use it by itself.

thank you and i give my girls a Burrowing Area in the cage using eco earth that they love to play in and as for my problem with aspen it seems i have developed a slight allergy so it makes me sneeze and my hands get kind of itchy and red, (its not mite nor dust as my girls have no problem with it)

Eco Earth also doesn’t hold burrows well—you should be able to stick your finger in it and it should hold its shape. There are some cheaper paper options that could work like Small Pet Select and even Kaytee clean and cozy isn’t too bad (I spend about $15 a week on KCC bedding).

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: