Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse coat type help

3 posters

Go down

Mouse coat type help Empty Mouse coat type help

Post by Oreoandfriends Wed 12 Aug 2020, 11:20 am

Hello,
I got 2 beautiful mice from a local breeder earlier this year. I was told by the breeder that one of them could possibly have a Himalayan coat but they weren’t sure since it hadn’t developed yet. A few weeks after bringing them home, her nose started getting the classic brown coloring of a Himalayan coat so I was confident that’s what she was. However, a little over a week ago her back got the brown coloring too, it was light brown at first but now it’s a pretty dark brown. I tried looking this up but I couldn’t find any information on it, I’d it normal for their coats to change colors like this? I don’t know much about mouse genetics whatsoever, but could this be the representation of 2 coat types?
Any helps appreciated! The picture I attached shows her coat as of last night, it’s pretty poor quality but there are no shadows on her, it’s only her coloring.Mouse coat type help Fbe15b10

Oreoandfriends
Oreoandfriends
Sr Member
Sr Member

Cheerful

Back to top Go down

Mouse coat type help Empty Re: Mouse coat type help

Post by tkstefan Wed 12 Aug 2020, 3:05 pm

Wow!! I don't know anything about coat types lol. i just wanted to say she's SOO PRETTY. i would suggest posting on r/petmice. It's usually more active, especially if there's a picture involved. I think you would get a lot more answers that way.

tkstefan
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosey mouse Thu 13 Aug 2020, 11:03 am

Hey there are a bunch of people that can help out on this forum! https://mouse-forum.proboards.com/

Mosey mouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down