Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Type of Animals Do You Have?

+8
Darkly_Innocent
scaredymouse
Peachy
CallaLily
AnonymousMouseOwner
FuzzyMouse
CucumberMouse
Blessed
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What Type of Animals Do You Have? Empty What Type of Animals Do You Have?

Post by Blessed Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:57 pm

Hey, guys. I made something similar to this, but it was only about mice, so this time I'm making one to include all of your pets.
Hope you read the description and title. Oh, and, where did you get each pet from?
I'll start:
I have one ferret named Grace that I got through Craigslist. Three mice named Daniela, Irene, and Lydia that I got from a couple different Petcos. One dog named Remington, aka Remy. She's supposed to be a Miniature Australian Shepherd x Beagle/Boston Terrier mix, AND...hopefully we can find a new home for her, lol; and I got her from one of my sisters, I guess. And I have seven fish: A male Swordtail (possibly Platy mix) named Dagger that I got from Walmart; an Albino Corydora Catfish I named Alan whom I got from PetSmart; a Dalmatian-colored Balloon Belly Molly, a female, I believe, who I named Isaiah, and I got her from Petco; a Panda Corydora Catfish I named Peter who I got from a different pet store; an Emerald Green or either Green Bronze Corydora Catfish I named Mr. Green that I got from Petco; a feeder goldfish I named Jacob, and I'm starting to think he's a female; and a female Veiltail Betta I named Rahab, which I got from PetSmart.
Well, that's all for now.
Feel free to take your turn and share pictures of your critters; I want to share some, too, but I don't want to post any of my fish, lol. Laughing

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

What Type of Animals Do You Have? Empty Re: What Type of Animals Do You Have?

Post by CucumberMouse Sun 19 Nov 2017, 7:36 pm

Right now, I have 4 cats, Pippi, Pablo, Chewy, and Lucy, we got Chewy and Pippi from a PetSmart, and Lucy from a shelter. I'm not entirely sure where we got Pablo, I wasn't there when my family got him, and I've never really thought to ask. I have my one mouse, Cucumber, 2 African clawed foot frogs, Crystal and Dragon, and 2 purple pincher hermit crabs, Peach and story (story is a weird name, but I let my Dad name him, and that's what he came up with lol). To keep this post from being too long, I'll just quickly go over all the fish. 3 Angel fish, a silver dollar, 5 tetras (two different types), a golden dojo loach, 2 Balloon belly mollies, 2 snails, and 10 guppies, 2 different types of them, and a half-moon betta (named Buckle). And then, I'm pretty sure someone has already asked this somewhere on this forum, but its just a question for anyone who wants to answer; If you could have any other pet that you've never had before, what would it be?Mine would be a chinchilla Wink
CucumberMouse
CucumberMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sheepish

Back to top Go down

Post by FuzzyMouse Sun 19 Nov 2017, 7:46 pm

Right now I have one Carin Terrier named Timber. I own one betta (Velvet) and each of my two sisters also have one (Gold and Blue). I have one Winter white dwarf hamster named Eclipse. I also have a Leopard Gecko named Raptor.All of my other pets are fish: 3 neon tetras named Neon tetra 1 neon tetra 2 and neon tetra 3 I am trying to get more tetras though, 1 cory catfish named Kita I am also trying to get more catfish as right now I need to restock my tank, 1 plecostomus named Specals, 1 golden dojo loach named Pasta, and 2 sword tails which sadly don't have names. Also to answer what CucumberMouse said I would love to have another rodent, my top pick would be a guinea pig but I would also love mice, rats, or really any other kind of pet.
FuzzyMouse
FuzzyMouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Sleepy

https://merp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner Sun 19 Nov 2017, 7:55 pm

If I'm only counting pets that are in my care, then I have 11. 10 mice and 1 hamster. However, there are plenty more pets in my household that my family cares for, they are family pets and not only mine. This includes 2 dogs, lots of turtles and lizards, a fish pond with goldfish and some mosquito fish, a big fish tank with a fancy goldfish, and a small tank with a betta.

So my mice come from lots of different places. 2 of them are from a show mouse breeder, 7 from a local pet store, and 1 rescued off of Craigslist. Their names are in my signature.

Then my hamster, Flint, was adopted from the back room at Petco, he is a Campbell's dwarf hamster, here's some pictures:
What Type of Animals Do You Have? Img_9020
What Type of Animals Do You Have? Img_9115
What Type of Animals Do You Have? Img_8930

One of our dogs, Lily, is a big german shepherd mix. She was rescued from the shelter. She's very hyper and jumps on everybody, lol, she's not well behaved. Here she is:What Type of Animals Do You Have? Dog-1010

Then Rosie, our other dog, we've had her since I was 6 years old, and I'm in high school now, so we've had her a long time! Basically, she was roaming our neighborhood with another puppy, and me and a friend went out there to try to chase them into our backyard lol. We chased them in, and it wasn't easy. Rosie was barking and growling at us, she seemed like a viscous, angry dog. Then the puppy she was with, I think we named him Charlie, he was just a jumpy, excited little puppy. Being 6 years old though, I was afraid of the puppy because he was jumping on me, and I didn't like him at the time lol. I like the dog that stayed her distance, even if she was barking and growling angrily. So we posted up flyers everywhere, went door to door, posted ads online, nobody claimed them. We did get one person who said they'd take the puppy, Charlie, if nobody claimed him, so he got a home with a nice lady. However, nobody wanted that little angry, mean, black dog lol. My dad said he'd take her to the shelter if nobody adopted her. Now, remember I was only 6, and what I'd seen about the shelter was just what I saw portrayed in the movies. A grumpy man with a big net, snatching up dogs and putting them behind bars  Laughing That's where I thought she was going and I freaked out and begged to keep her. I didn't want anything to happen to her. Finally, the answer was yes, we can keep her. I was soooo happy. Then, a while after we made that decision, we went on vacation. We had someone checking on the animals everyday and feeding them. She was in the backyard, because she used to live out there before she was potty trained. A few days into our vacation, our "petsitter" called and sounded devastated, they said "I'm so sorry, but your dog dug out.. There's a giant hole under the fence and she's gone". I was really sad. That was the day we were going to come home from our trip. Then, hours later, on our way home, our neighbor called and said "Umm, there's a dog sitting on your porch and not leaving, do you want me to do something for it?". That was the funniest thing ever. She knew she belonged to us. She literally ran away and came back! We've had her ever since, and she's the best dog I could ever ask for. I am so happy to have her and don't know what I'd do without her. Sorry that was much longer than I thought it'd be, lol, here's some pics:
What Type of Animals Do You Have? Img_8625
What Type of Animals Do You Have? Img_8712
What Type of Animals Do You Have? Img_8626

And here's a really bad picture of one of our goldfish in our pond:
What Type of Animals Do You Have? Img_5610

My dad has a bearded dragon, leopard gecko, several box turtles, 3 russian tortoises, 2 blue tongue skinks, and 1 greek tortoise. Here's a pic of one of his skinks:
What Type of Animals Do You Have? Img_7310

What Type of Animals Do You Have? Boyssi17Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, Sierra, Amber, Olive, Scout, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ https://www.instagram.com/anonymousmousevideos/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:03 pm

We have a lot of pets in this household but I'll just share the ones that are specifically mine.

Kai - a 13 year old male miniature pinscher. He was purchased from a pet shop before I fully understood the puppy mill thing and absolutely won't make that mistake again.  But he's my buddy and I love him.

Spiderman - a 12 year old female gray short haired cat. Full name Spiderman Puss In Boots Legolas.  My oldest son named her when he was little as she was meant to be his but we bonded so she became mine. She was born to one of the cats from a feral colony that my MIL cares for. We also took her sister, Dora, but she's no longer with us. She's an amazing kitty. I thought I was going to lose her a couple years ago to a very bad infection but she finally managed to pull through after many vet visits and prescriptions. (FYI: the feral cat colony numbers are way down and there's rarely kittens anymore because my MIL did a tnr program so the majority of them have been fixed. Unfortunately, people still abandon the occasional kitty there Sad but she's pretty well caught up now.)

Chico - a male black and white medium haired kitty that's maybe 8 or 9 years old. I guess you could call him mine. He just showed up on the porch one day, many years ago and with only one eye. We took him in but he was still allowed to come and go as he pleased. Then one day he returned after being mia for a couple weeks with a horrible eye infection in his only eye. The vet confirmed that it was too damaged to be saved so it was surgically removed and that eyelid sewed shut. So he's eye-less but he gets around really really well. He's a brat and he loves to sneak up behind me when I'm sitting on the couch and bites the back of my head. Or first thing in the A.M. when I'm starting the coffee, he lets me know I'm taking too long to get his breakfast by biting my ankles.  So yeah, he bites me so I guess he's mine. LOL

12 land hermit crabs - C.clypeatus and C.compressus.  A few are originals from 9 years ago.  Some are purchases from before I made the decision never to purchase land hermit crabs again (they're wild caught). The rest are adoptions. One adoption, a male C.clypeatus named Emerald, has been in captivity for about 16+ years.

And my 4 mice - Rina, Eulyn, Tilda, and Arsinoe. Rina turns 2 tomorrow. I adopted her and her sister, Celyn, from a gentleman who had an oopsie litter. Eulyn, Tilda, and Arsinoe were purchased from Petco on the same day and I'm guessing will be around a year old sometime in January.  It's difficult to find mice up for adoption here and I don't feel quite so bad about purchasing from the "feeder" mice.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Mon 20 Nov 2017, 11:28 am

@CucumberMouse, totally a horse, to answer your question. Very Happy
@FuzzyMouse, lol. It seems like a lot of people have fish. Bouncy
@AnonymousMouseOwner, yes, only the pets that are truly yours, but it's fine to count them if you share them with someone. 'Cause like @CallaLily said, there's also more pets in my family's household, but I wouldn't count them since they're not mine, unless somebody wants to know more about each pet in the house. Smile Oh, and Flint looks like my sister's female dwarf hamster, haha. Lily does definitely resemble a G.S. from what the picture shows, except without the erect ears. And referring to your dog escaping and coming back...our dogs always come back whenever they escape out our door. =)
And that goldfish looks good size. How long do you think it is?
@CallaLily, we have some old cats, too. One should be sixteen in December. And that's cool that some of your hermit crabs are still alive! Mine didn't usually live much longer than a year. Razz And I think most of the ones I used to have were the Eucadorian or however that's spelled. But I did have at least one Purple-Clawed crab (those are the only names I'm familiar with for them, lol). You could tell my last crab was the Purple Claw type--other than by the purple claw--because she was mean, lol. Laughing
And yeah, I think I've heard they capture them from the wild, which isn't quite right, but that's only because it's super hard to get them to breed in captivity, is what I've read.

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily Mon 20 Nov 2017, 12:32 pm

C. clypeatus = Purple Pincher/claw
C. compressus = Ecuadorian

Getting them to breed is pretty simple but actually successfully raising the young to land is where it becomes quite difficult. I've had females with eggs a few times but never attempted to raise them because of all that is required and with a very low success rate. But I've read about a handful of crabbers (worldwide) who have done it.  I don't have plans on getting any more hermit crabs - those that I have should live a very long time still - but if I ever do I'll just stick to adoptions. Smile It's kind of sad how many land hermit crabs (especially purple pinchers) end up unwanted.

CallaLily

Festive

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Thu 07 Dec 2017, 10:49 am

We have three cats, two dogs (one is a foster), a 75 gallon cichlid tank, a 40 gallon cichlid tank, a betta, a guinea pig, a hamster, and 12 mice. The 75 gallon tank is my husband's, but the rest were my idea. Laughing

The dog was supposed to be temporary while my sister found a place to move to, but now she's been here for four years. Rolling Eyes The foster dog has been there for almost a year, so they wanted to give her a break from her kennel room. I'm not a dog person, truly, but if they occasionally sit still to model my hats, we're cool.
What Type of Animals Do You Have? Fb_img22

Missy the cat is 14. We adopted her drom the shelter I foster for now, almost three years ago. She's loving and elegant, but doesn't like other cats. All my cats talk a lot, but Missy takes the cake! The only time she's quiet is when she's sleeping or staring at you (usually, from around the corner).
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 20171216

Baby is 8 and a half. I adopted her when she was almost a year, back in 2010. She is ultra sweetness. Sometimes I wake up and my forehead is sore and my bangs are soaking wet... because this kitty groomed away at them! I don't have many good pictures of her.
What Type of Animals Do You Have? Fb_img23

Junior/Dr Mew/Boy Kitty was a birthday present from my husband a few years ago. He was an itsy bitsy kitten, from a friend who had kittens. He was only 6 weeks when we got him. He loved feet, hated the brush, and let me bounce him to sleep like a baby. These days, he's a big furry monster. His feet are big, his tail is big, his head is girnormous!
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 20171220

My fish. I get to decorate and feed, my husband gets to clean. Whoo! The little guy in the corner has a messed up eye. He was one of the babies that was born in my husband's tank before his psyco fish ate everyone.
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 20171212
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 20171213

My husband's fish are a couple of skittish Jack Dempseys who mistake fingers for worms. Scared

My guinea pig. He was being rehomed by mom's friends, who i used to babysit for.

And I dont have any nice pictures of Rosie the hamster. When I tell her I need pictures, she runs away into her giant nest blob that I don't have the heart to destroy. If she could talk, she'd be laughing, "Can't touch this!" Here's an old one of her cuddling, though.
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 20170710

A few of my best current mice... This is Mika. I don't normally do toppers, but he scratched his eye out and I wanted to spoil him a little extra. He loves it! He spends more time up there then he does downstairs.
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 20171210

Cora and Pearl are the sweetest girls I have at the moment. I bought Cora from Petco because she was yellow, and I really wanted a yellow mouse! Within a week she turned brindle, which I didn't appreciate... but now she's my last brindle. And she's "yellow" again. Laughing
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 20171219
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 20171218
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Thu 07 Dec 2017, 2:48 pm

I have:
2 cats (both rescues)
2 chinchillas (rescue)
6 Syrian hamsters (4 rescue, 1 craigslist, 1 pet store)
2 dwarf hamsters (rescue)
1 Chinese hamster (rescue)
2 robo hamsters (1 rescue, 1 from breeder)
1 African soft furred rat (feeder breeder)
14 mice (1 from breeder, 5 pet store, 8 from pregnant mouse)
**soon to have 2 guinea pigs that needed to be rehomed

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkly_Innocent Fri 08 Dec 2017, 9:03 am

I have 2 dogs, Jackson a Chihuahua, he came from Craigslist. Salsi, a Chihuahua, I think Beagle mix, she came from Craigslist too. A cat, Cameron, who I found in my front yard all alone as a kitten. My mouse Pip, he came from a pet shop in my town. A Crimson-bellied Conure named Clover, got him from a breeder. A Betta named Ali, got him from Petsense. Lastly, my Corn snake, Medusa, got her from the pet shop here when they were going out of business. I've had a lot of different pets over the years but if I chose one that I've never had before, it would be Sugar Gliders!

Jr Member
Jr Member

Gemini Sick

Back to top Go down

Post by River Fri 08 Dec 2017, 4:35 pm

For animals that are my responsibility, I have a PEW mouse named Graham, and a cockatiel named Gacy. Graham was from a pet supplies store near me, and Gacy was a rescue. We're her third home that we know of.
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 17629843_270836726701654_3544441283758512680_n
What Type of Animals Do You Have? Tumblr_ozoh4h1OiH1wwkre0o2_1280

I also have a dog, Gino. He's really a family dog, but he's bonded most to me, so people tend to refer to him as 'mine.

As for the family animals, there are a lot.

We have three chihuahuas; Domino, Gino, and Pixel. They were all from craigslist, and Gino was from a questionable situation.
Gino (the orange boy himself) and Pixel;
What Type of Animals Do You Have? Why_does_she_bully_tm__by_thepetekeyprep-d9w3stm
Domino;
What Type of Animals Do You Have? Dscn6910
Then we have four rabbits, three rescues and one from a breeder. There are three boys: Kale, an elderly mini rex, Wolfgang, a netherland dwarf, and Abraham, a New Zealand / Mix, and the one girl, Bandit, a Netherland Dwarf. Picture is of our first rabbit, Thumper, who died a year ago. He was my first pet.
What Type of Animals Do You Have? TlL4jaE

Then there are the chickens; one rooster, Henry, and two hens, Pete and Jerry, and my moms parakeets; four in an aviary, all unnamed as far as I know, and lastly, Zeppelin, my sisters young sulcata.

I plan to get two more mice in the future, but my email isn't functioning to communicate with the owner of the craigslist girl right now, as my luck would have it. Of course.

If I could have any animal, I would probably choose a potbelly pig; in all their 200 pounds of glory, they're my favorite animals. They tend to be great emotional support animals, too, but they're one thing I won't get until I'm moved out on my own. We have fostered one, though, a young male named Charlie back in 2013-2014

Remembering Mr. Bald ♂, Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittymore Thu 21 Dec 2017, 11:44 am

Peachy wrote:We have three cats, two dogs (one is a foster), a 75 gallon cichlid tank, a 40 gallon cichlid tank, a betta, a guinea pig, a hamster, and 12 mice. The 75 gallon tank is my husband's, but the rest were my idea. Laughing

The dog was supposed to be temporary while my sister found a place to move to, but now she's been here for four years. Rolling Eyes The foster dog has been there for almost a year, so they wanted to give her a break from her kennel room. I'm not a dog person, truly, but if they occasionally sit still to model my hats, we're cool.
What Type of Animals Do You Have? Fb_img22

Missy the cat is 14. We adopted her drom the shelter I foster for now, almost three years ago. She's loving and elegant, but doesn't like other cats. All my cats talk a lot, but Missy takes the cake! The only time she's quiet is when she's sleeping or staring at you (usually, from around the corner).
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 20171216

Baby is 8 and a half. I adopted her when she was almost a year, back in 2010. She is ultra sweetness. Sometimes I wake up and my forehead is sore and my bangs are soaking wet... because this kitty groomed away at them! I don't have many good pictures of her.
What Type of Animals Do You Have? Fb_img23

Junior/Dr Mew/Boy Kitty was a birthday present from my husband a few years ago. He was an itsy bitsy kitten, from a friend who had kittens. He was only 6 weeks when we got him. He loved feet, hated the brush, and let me bounce him to sleep like a baby. These days, he's a big furry monster. His feet are big, his tail is big, his head is girnormous!
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 20171220

My fish. I get to decorate and feed, my husband gets to clean. Whoo! The little guy in the corner has a messed up eye. He was one of the babies that was born in my husband's tank before his psyco fish ate everyone.
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 20171212
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 20171213

My husband's fish are a couple of skittish Jack Dempseys who mistake fingers for worms. Scared

My guinea pig. He was being rehomed by mom's friends, who i used to babysit for.

And I dont have any nice pictures of Rosie the hamster. When I tell her I need pictures, she runs away into her giant nest blob that I don't have the heart to destroy. If she could talk, she'd be laughing, "Can't touch this!" Here's an old one of her cuddling, though.
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 20170710

A few of my best current mice... This is Mika. I don't normally do toppers, but he scratched his eye out and I wanted to spoil him a little extra. He loves it! He spends more time up there then he does downstairs.
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 20171210

Cora and Pearl are the sweetest girls I have at the moment. I bought Cora from Petco because she was yellow, and I really wanted a yellow mouse! Within a week she turned brindle, which I didn't appreciate... but now she's my last brindle. And she's "yellow" again. Laughing
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 20171219
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 20171218

Your Cat the first one is stunning!

Kittymore

Back to top Go down

Post by ellasmouse Sat 30 Dec 2017, 3:35 pm

I have two rabbits named Sugar and Oreo, one mouse named Moe, two dogs named Oakley and Gus, two african dwarf frogs named Boris and Bernie, and 5 goldfish named Gabija, Seton, Pirate, Magikarp, and Gyarados!! I love them all!! Very Happy

ellasmouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Blessed Sat 30 Dec 2017, 3:50 pm

Thank you guys for still responding to this!, =D and sharing pictures; they're cute.
Sorry I never responded back. I still read and like any new comments on here, so just wanted to let you know I'm not ignoring you guys. Bouncy

Blessed
Blessed
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sat 30 Dec 2017, 5:33 pm

Ooooh this is so fun! Very Happy

Currently I'm pretty boring. I just have my six girls for pets, and you've all seen pictures of them! Annie, Grace, Shelly, Chara, Nutmeg, and Dandelion. Annie and Grace are from a breeder. I drove to Pennsylvania to get them! Shelly, Chara, and Nutmeg are from a shelter in New Jersey. Their mom was a feeder mouse who got rescued and brought to the shelter, and she had kids while she was there, so I took them! And Dandelion is from the feeder bin at Petco. Me and my friend were there and saw her, and she was so cute I came back for her the next day. She was only 20 grams when I adopted her! A true baby. The worker said she'd only arrived the morning of the day we first met.

As for other animals in the house, there's only one! My mom has an orange tabby cat named Felix. He's really her cat, but I help take care of him a little! I'm babysitting him now since she's away. He showed up in the backyard as a tiny kitten. My mom wanted to rescue him, so I helped her coax him inside. He's been here ever since! He had no collar and no microchip, so though we did try to look for his original owner, that pretty much went nowhere. He's a big part of the family now, though! I can't imagine the house without him.

That's all we currently have, but I have had tons of animals in the past. Our first ever pet was our dog Ace, who we first got about.... eleven years ago? Yeah, eleven. My uncle brought him from Slovakia! He was a German shepherd, by no means a perfect dog. He could be pretty aggressive and could be a little antisocial sometimes, but he was an awesome bro to grow up with. He passed away a couple years ago!
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 11-12-10

Ace was more of a family pet though. The rest were all mine! I had a cockatiel named Perry. I got her when I was ten, and she was a freshly weaned baby when I bought her from the breeder/pet store (It was a weird combo sort of thing). We were the best of friends! She would snuggle with me all the time. I only had her for four years before she passed away from egg laying complications.
What Type of Animals Do You Have? Img_1110

Besides those two, I also had tons of fish! For a year or so, I kept betta fish. My desk would always be lined with tanks! I had 4-5 at a time. I had Redcrown, Jacob, Stella, Margaret, Martin, Dragon, Waffle, Sayir, and Margot. Most of them lived their whole lives with me, though some I had to give away cause having so many tanks just became too much. After them, I usually had a ton of huge freshwater aquariums! I even dabbled in saltwater, though that was a little too hard.

I also had frogs! My favorites to keep were my fire-belied toads. I had a huge, 3-foot long tank for an army of six of them. It even had a stream going through it! Their names were Cowslip, Duckweed, Olive, Crowley, Nick, and Marcy. They were really cool! Marcy was a naughty little thing, she'd always be doing things she shouldn't. Cow and Ducky I was pretty convinced were married, those two were always all over each other. And Crowley was so awesome, he was a melanic frog, so he was all black when the others were green! I had a couple of paceman frogs, but they both got anxiety and starved themselves to death. X___X Could never figure out what went wrong there. Here are some of the FBTs, though!
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 11-30-10

And then after those guys, there were my old mice! Besides the six I have now, I also had my other colonies. There was my first doe colony, which was Mabel, Little Cow, Rosie, Eglantine, and Lilith. I had two boys, Henry and Monster. And then just as I was starting my current doe colony, I had another girl Suzie who was a part of it, but I lost her to an accident a couple weeks after getting her. xAx I absolutely loved all those guys, but Little Cow and Henry were two standout mice. Here are pics of them!
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 5-23-110
What Type of Animals Do You Have? 7-4-1610

I don't miss any of these guys anymore- I mean, you gotta move on someday, right?- but I'll admit that I still get sad when I see pictures of Henry. It was just the two of us for quite a few months, in the wake of a lot of tragedy, so I really got attached to him. Even if he was only tolerating me some days, haha!

And now, on Tuesday, I'll be picking up my next pet- a lovely bunny named Clover! I wish I could go get him sooner, but my work schedule and New Years have gotten in the way, blargh. But soon! Gives me a little more time to set up for him, anyway. And in the future, once my current doe colony is gone, I'll probably either get a second bunny or perhaps get a male mouse! That would be fun. ^w^

This is a fun thread! Thanks for starting it. I rambled a lot more than I expected to!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next