Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weak Mouse with URI - Any Feeding Suggestions?

2 posters

Go down

Weak Mouse with URI - Any Feeding Suggestions? Empty Weak Mouse with URI - Any Feeding Suggestions?

Post by heyitsliz Fri 21 Aug 2020, 9:08 am

Hey Good Morning Everyone,
(Up front, I'll be calling our vet when they open in a few hours, but I'm just anxious about our baby and seeking any advice)
I'm a new mouse mom and my sweet little girl is really sick (Upper Respiratory Infection, Dehydration, and Lice). Definitely feeling like a crappy mom Sad
She went to the vet yesterday and got fluids, lice treatment, and antibiotics (we'll continue those here at home for the next several days) but she is very, very weak and seems to be struggling to muster the energy to eat (concerned about her water intake, too). We got some pureed baby food sweet potatoes at the vet's recommendation but, even when we hold her in our hand and encourage her to eat and hold her water bottle right in front of her, she doesn't consume much.
Has anyone experienced this or have any tips on how to help her get some food down?
Thanks so much  Love

heyitsliz

Back to top Go down

Weak Mouse with URI - Any Feeding Suggestions? Empty Re: Weak Mouse with URI - Any Feeding Suggestions?

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Fri 21 Aug 2020, 10:16 am

Mousies seem to have a taste for baby porridge.  It's versatile because you can mix it up warmer or cooler, runnier or thicker, and even add other ingredients to flavor it or add nutritional variety.  I always used multigrain baby cereal powder for a wider range of nutrients than a uni-grain would provide, but your mouse may vary.

If there is none in the house, then grind up some other cereal into near-powder and mix that with some water to make a porridge.

Let us know how things are progressing.  And if your vet has good advice, be sure to share it with us!

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Worried

Back to top Go down